donnaflowervintageDay 20 - Vintage Fairs. Before I had my shop I did a lot of vintage fairs. Coupled with my website this was my main trading. I only do a few a year now. They are a huge amount of work. Gathering your best stock, tailored to each event as different fairs bring different customers, getting up before the sun rises to set up your stall after travelling for many miles, making your stall look amazing, smiling and talking to customers all day, whilst standing, packing everything away at the end of the day and then driving home. BUT I love them! I get to see many different, like minded people, other dealers, people who have only 'met' you online before. They are great fun. My favourite events are held by @thevintagebazaarevents in Frome and Devizes where the very best stall holders are brought together to create amazing events. #aprilget2knowavintagedealer #originalvintage #independantbusiness #vintage #vintageshop #vintagedealer
- thevintagebazaareventsWe love having you xxx
- honeykinsvintageYes! The pain of waking up, packing, driving, setting up, then doing it backwards at the end of the day....killer but I am addicted!! Love it!!! (We are a strange breed)
- thehousehermitAhhh I do love frome! Got friends who live there a do markets most weeks selling vintage furniture.
- sallyvintageI so agree with what you say @donnaflowervintage, so why do I keep doing it? It's such hard work (and I work full time in a busy office) but I get such a buzz from it and when I get bored sat at my computer, I dream about new stock, upcycling, displaying, vintage trends, brilliant dealers I've met ....... Everyone thinks I'm mad but I love it! x
- ginnyatvintagepinkI agree, I have such a great laugh at these fairs. Long days but always glad I got up so early. ✨✨
- lacedwithflowersYes, also agree. Very hard work but the lovely, like-minded people make it worthwhile. That collecting bug keeps biting though! 🙈😊
Log in to like or comment.