- justsewtherapeuticTagged by @akathimberlina a few days ago for 20 random facts but only just got around to thinking about it! 1. I'm physically 46 but mentally 23
2. I've been with my (now) husband for 25 years; lived together for 23, engaged for 14 but only got around to getting married last year.
3. My Son is now 13 and I'm amazed at how much easier life is!
4. I live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and am lucky to only be a ten minute drive from the Peak District.
5. I got my first sewing machine at 16.
6. I then bought a lot of white cotton jersey, some fabric paints and set about 'designing' my own clothes (it was the eighties so you can imagine how they turned out!)
7. I studied Textiles to A level and wanted to carry on to college but unfortunately had to put things on hold for a couple of years.
8. I eventually got a degree in Social Policy.
9. I've worked in Mental Health for nearly 20 years, 14 of which as a horticultural therapist.
10. After being made redundant due to government funding cuts my colleague and I set up on our own, we now run three projects and have been going for six years.
11. I'm bi polar but fine as long as I keep taking the tablets!
12. I have a thing for growing weird vegetables, this year it's a tomato which can grow as big as a pumpkin!
13. I'm one of those mad cat ladies (I have 3) the two latest additions are a mum and kitten who were abandoned in a recycling bin.
14. I have a longstanding and rather weird crush on Jeremy Paxman.
15. I'm half Irish.
16. Unfortunately I never had a Grandma as they both died before I was born.
17. I used to do the scoring for a local cricket team.
18. I have a large collection of scarves and rarely leave home without one.
19. I have size four and a half feet so have to buy lots of Clarks shoes as they come in half sizes.
20. 80% of the clothes I sew are blue but it isn't my favourite colour.
I think most people have already been tagged but please jump in and share if you haven't!
- agirlcalledbozLovely to get to know you a bit more 😊
- doobis71Brilliant facts, I totally get the Jeremy Paxman thing 😊
- saturdaynightstitchWhat's your fave colour Helen? 😘😘😘😘
- saturdaynightstitch@justsewtherapeutic Ha! I love purple too😂.
- sleepless_in_bavariaBrilliant list of facts 😃
- seamsoddlouiseGreat facts.
- wis_gLovely 😊
- charlotterunswithscissorsGreat list of facts. 😀
- justsewtherapeutic@mintposy_lady It's strange but I've always felt a sense of loss even though I never knew them. It's just something that should be so intrinsic to ones childhood. Thankfully my Son has three grandmas!
- justsewtherapeutic@rach_wain the best thing is not having a boss!
- justsewtherapeutic@sarahcsewing I don't think any photos exist unfortunately!
- justsewtherapeutic@cluelessleigh It's much more than a job and we couldn't think of doing anything else. The first year was tough but it all came together in the end!
- justsewtherapeutic@cluelessleigh @bethmharley @amcclure54 I think the combination of being outside and seeing things grow has such a positive effect on our mental health. It's really lovely at this time of year too!
- justsewtherapeutic@doobis71 So pleased to have found someone else! Everyone I've ever told couldn't understand it!
- justsewtherapeutic@chrichrimano It was always on the to do list but I think the thought of sewing my own dress was the game changer!
- suestoneySo nice to read these random facts and get to know you better!
- mrs.f_72Yeay! A fellow sewist who works in therapeutic horticulture! I work mainly with adults with learning difficulties although there's alot of mental health issues thrown in there too 🌱
- email@example.com_72 Oh wow that's amazing! It's such a lovely job, particularly at this time of year! I'm trying to be practical at the moment and sew things I can wear at work, lots of tops to go with the jeans and steel toe cap boots!
- mrs.f_72@justsewtherapeutic I'm afraid i just wear old stuff, i seem to get holes in things far too easily! 🙈fab job, wouldn't change it for the world. Challenging days sometimes but so rewarding. If you're ever near Glasgow you must come and pay us a visit! 😊
- mini.adventureGreat facts! I also sew a lot of blue but green is my favourite colour.