minimum.jewelrySeasonal Kraut. cabbage + orange carrots + purple carrots + #kholrabi + green onions + oranges #krautsource #fermentedfoods #kraut #f52grams
- cowtownvintageOh my gosh yum
- cowtownvintageStill trying to get the guts to make my first kraut! I've never even tasted it but everyone says it's yummy so surely it is! And it's so good for you!
- themyershomesteadWhat is this?!?! 😍I've never made it with carrots! Sounds yummy!
- minimum.jewelry@cowtownvintage @themeyerhomestead So good for you! Chop vegetables (it is optional to add fruits or herbs for flavoring) and salt them with a few tablespoons, fill a mason jar and top with water. I use this fermenting device on top, made by @kraut_source , that allows the produce to ferment without molding. I sit mine on the counter for about a week before eating. It is full of probiotics and tasty! I eat it with salads, mostly. It is recommended not to eat too much at any one time, so it's more of a condiment. ❤️🍶
- onestophappyYes! We make kraut very often but never tried with oranges. Sounds great 😃
- minimum.jewelry@onestophappy This is my first time trying oranges. I used lemons, recently, and it was amazing, so thought I'd try oranges because we have an orange tree. 🍊🌳💛
- kraut_sourceA new IG name? 💚the mixture of veggies and herbs👏👏👏
- minimum.jewelry@kraut_source Yes, a new IG name. 😊
- indigopondI loved the one you gave us with lemons and ginger and radishes etc, addicting and delicious! so fresh tasting? have you tasted the orange yet?
- minimum.jewelry@indigopond I haven't, yet. 🍊 It will need about a week. I made a large jar, so I will give you some, again.
- indigopondI wasn't really hinting too much but I would love to try it!
- minimum.jewelry@indigopond I know! Already in my plan!!
- photosbymainekatieLooks so pretty!
- minimum.jewelry@photosbymainekatie Thank you, I think so, too! 💛
Log in to like or comment.