- uneautremelanieIt keeps on raining which triggers my inner #poet and it's #Thursday, so I get to make a #throwbackthursday post with a #poem I wrote two years ago, when I was searching for answers in a #creative way.
The lie is heavy on your chest,
The trick no longer works.
The world is aging by the minute,
The storm is getting close.
Hush now and wait for it to happen,
You knew how this would play
That on the dawn of my arrival
You’d have no place to stay.
No place to rest, no place to go
The night’s sleeping away.
It’s almost quiet now, you hear?
Your heart’s your only friend
The friend you lied, cheated, betrayed
Still with you ’till the end.
Hush now and count your blessings, dear
For knowing what you know
That after facing all the thunder
You’d never let me go. #tbt #wordard #words #lyrics #poetry #instapoetry #textgram #poems #writer #igwriter #girl #me #uneautremelanie
- salmaelwardanyGorgeously done 💗
- frontendapparelLove this
- uneautremelanie@salmaelwardany Thank you!
- uneautremelanie@frontendapparel Thanks a lot!
- firstname.lastname@example.org 😘😊
- daniellerhearnI love it x
- dairecurleyLove your posts! Check my profile 😄