rogue.yogiLet's talk about something sick here. And, I mean it in the non-slang way. I'm talking about literally being sick. Under the weather. Coughs. Sinuses. Headaches, the whole thing. ⠀
Do you practice yoga when you're sick? If so, what do you practice on the mat? ⠀
Last week while in Manresa, Spain, I was suddenly struck with a strange feeling in my throat. What felt like a little feather stuck in my throat progressed to a several-day-long headache, dry (and aggravating coughs), and nausea.⠀
I couldn't believe it. I had to prepare for my Rogue Yogi Re:Treat in Granada. I needed to practice the sequences I put together for my excited group. ⠀
So, that's exactly what I did. ⠀
Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra, Meditation. As much as my whole body ached, the practice was just what it needed. ⠀
What do you practice when you're sick? Comment below!⠀
PS. My blog about this experience is up! Hit up https://rogue.yoga to read all about it!⠀
#rogueyogi #rogueyoga #travelingyogi #yogaeverydamnday #rogueyogigonerogue #yinyoga #yoganidra #restorativeyoga #iyengar⠀#rogueyogirealtalk
- rogue.yogi@warith_me oh totally. The poses feel so therapeutic this way
- firstname.lastname@example.org yess! It helps out a ton especially if you have sinus pressure
- rogue.yogi@pauinha6 have you had strep throat-like symptoms but they were just allergies? The antibiotics I was given haven't done anything to stop these dry coughs
- rogue.yogi@beyourbestselfcoach you definitely are with the mindfulness. A lot of people have been sick this week. Rest up and restore!
- rogue.yogi@relaxgetfit the hip just loves to tighten up doesn't it!?!? Cobblers pose just feels so great with a heating pad on the belly
- rogue.yogi@greenearthyoga I hope you feel better too!!
- warith_meYes exactly You're right, but it's my way when I'm sick 😷🌹🙏🏼
- rogue.yogi@warith_me yes and a long savasana with a warm compress on the forehead. A great way
- email@example.com Yep 👍🏼 This'll be Awesome 👏🏼 and ll be happy to know the result later. 🤗🤗 get better soon.
- yogassionAbsolutely. Best medicine. ❤
- firstname.lastname@example.org yes! 🙌🏽💕
- thatyogisarI love this💕!
- email@example.com yes! I don't have many allergies but food can do that too. And throat pain or weird feeling can also happen with dry cough. Last time i had it took forever to go away even with a cough medicine. Just be careful because docs say dry cough is the worst when it comes to pneumonia cases. Talk to your pharmacist about a syrup or something for dry cough and if it continues, see a doctor. Especially if you get fever!
- queen_la_reynaTbh yoga when I'm sick helps me feel better, my problem is my nose running every 5 seconds when im upside down
- yoginiliciousDepends on what kind of sick I am. I do a LOT of twists and binds when sick and Vishnu mudra breathing (if I'm not completely stuffed up) alternating nostrils. Lots of stretch and I avoid inversions when my head is congested
- rogue.yogi@yoginilicious I also did the alternate nostril breathing a few days ago and it was so helpful for the sinuses.
- musclehead_yogi5 Surya A, 5 Surya B, Fundamentals and as much of Yoga Chikitsa, I can handle...sometimes I don't make it past Fundamentals and, that's OK. But, I never practice if I have a fever. #ashtangi 🙏🏼🕉.
- novi_d_kristianaYes. Doing Yin Yoga 😍😍
- rogue.yogi@musclehead_yogi yeah I find that when there's a fever the only thing that feels good is yin, restorative, yoga nidra and warm compresses!
- rogue.yogi@novi_d_kristiana i loooooove Yin Yoga!
Log in to like or comment.