baggybaggzAt this moment I AM NOT PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN, and we all are not anywhere near being safe with any of these so-called "law enforcement". Please my experience below;
I'm Damilola Adeyanju. On 13/04/2017 a couple of my friends and I travelled to Warri, Delta state for a family friend's wedding to hold on the 15/04/2017. We decided to stay for some extra days after the wedding to have a feel of Delta state since we hardly leave Lagos normally, and so we left for Lag on 18/04/2017.
That fateful morning around 6am, we (6 of us) got to Greener Line Park and chattered a 7 seater bus. At about 7:45am we took off, got to Sapele express by 8:30 thereabout, we got stopped by SARS officials for stop and search. We all came down and were searched. They then proceeded to our bags where they found a laptop belonging to one of us. They asked for the receipt and the owner told them he's had it for years and doesn't have it on him after which they grabbed his phone from him.
Getting to me, I also had my laptop and they requested for the receipt as well, I said I don't have it on me, then he (SARS guy) called one of his colleagues to take the laptop to their patrol pickup truck and told us to go stand by the truck.
Another Greener Line bus was stopped and they alighted 4 other guys from it, told them to walk towards us and we all get into the back of the truck. We asked why and the SARS pilot shouted 'obey before complain'. So they got in and drove us away. Bystanders quickly told the Greener Line drivers and the rest of my friends to go after us, because the so called SARS people could take us to a bush and probably shoot us and go with our belongings.
Fortunately my phone was silent and undetected, so my friends were able to reach me and I quietly told them we were still on the same express. The drivers sped up and caught up with us. After driving for about 15mins, we eventually got to a police station (OKUOVO). The got us out of the truck, walked us into the station, pushed us forcefully behind the counter and told us to sit on the floor. While all these was happening we still didn't know our offense.
- __abdulazeez__See @instablog9ja
- muyezSo sorry about your ordeal bro
- muyez@kingofifako this madness needs to stop smh.. fucking bastards
- baggybaggz@muyez tnx bro
- ogunadebolaO boy...dis law enforcement agencies are all jokes. No law in this country and human rights are being trampled upon. Pele aburo
- nackkasThis na rubbish oh. Sorry bro
- odbmikeI've had similar experiences in Lagos and Ibadan. When I was asked for my phone in Lagos I told the officers that they have no legal right to go through my phone and they accused me of having something illegal on my phone. I defended my self by saying I'm educated and I know my right, that's why I made that statement and they immediately started insulting me and saying, that because I went to "one nonsense school" I think I can talk to officers any how, one of them hit me on my chest about four times while the other one was bragging that he will tear my cloths and beat me up there and there after, take me to their station.
- odbmikeI'm really surprised that their stupidity and unprofessional conduct is exhibited world wide. May God help us in Nigeria.
- loyal_harchI swear this same people arrested and brutalised my friend coming back to Lagos form Delta.. The guy is still in the hospital now.
- loyal_harchThe worst one are in ikeja... Alane avenue.. Without any evidence.. They say I am an arm robber,a yahoo boy and a thief..it was me and my friend and i explained that i work here at ikeja they shoukd follow me to my shop but they didnt listen they start beating me and treathening with guys and dagger.i even tried to call my dad but this people collected my phone.They smash our face several times like some sort of criminals.they said we must give them their share of what we stole.i swear it was like a dream,i hate being a Nigerian since then...after the struggling and begging,they almost killed me.We agreed to pay them 10,000 for nothing just like that but this Bastards followed me to the ATM and i pressed the code twice and he said if i press it one more time if it declined he would shoot me
- loyal_harchHe cocked the gun. Out of fear I put the real code and he checked my balance it was 37 thousand.. I was just staring like I am still alive? Like is this happening? The bastard press others and input 35k and their i start fighting him oh that's hebhe called the other officer to take me back to the car two of them.. I nearly died oh after they then drop us their and even the money that they collected from us 4500k for me 3460 from my friend they took everything and my customer small Nokia. I sat their for like 6hours thinking of how I would get revenge if I can join ISIS today today I will.. I just need bomb like anything.. Like Nigeria should just restart like factory restart.. This thing get me sick I am even starting to get a mental disorder.. If I see any police or man on uniform I feel like killing them at that spot.
- baggybaggz@loyal_harch wow!!! This has to stop
- loyal_harch@baggybaggz if we can protest or any other alternative I am in.. I swear, what are we even living for?
- abiola_olopade@baggybaggz Thank God you guys survived the ordeal, many don't leave to tell their story. I just pray our government look into this, may God help us
- allejokingJust what we go thru in warri.. Even atm stand, you get arrested
- allejoking@baggybaggz So sorry for the ordeal.. Thats what we face here in warri. Even in streets, Sars are there waiting for who to catch.. We no longer take out phones with us while going out, not for fear of the area boys who steal from you, but because of police who are suppose to protect you.. You go to an ATM stand to take some money, you get arrested.. Dressing well means you are a fraudster here in warri..i only hope and pray the all get wiped out someday
- oluwafemipuffy@odbmike police are full of shit
- okevicNo one can live freely anymore, am so sorry you had to experience a glimpse of what we are going through over here in warri, just like tiwa savage said, if I start to talk, we can't even sleep in our own homes comfortable without fear of your doors not been broken down in the dead of the night by these legalized criminals, I have been a victim. You can't tell a dream to anyone that has gone through nightmares, and these are the nightmares Nigerians had been putting up with and enough is enough
Log in to like or comment.