coffeeandcrumbsLast month I was so sure. Everything smelled terrible. Coffee lost its allure. I collapsed into bed every night by 8:30, exhausted in a way that I just *knew* could only be that first trimester haze descending on me. I caught a glimpse of my breasts in the mirror after showering one night and literally laughed out loud at their swollen, discolored, bumpy nipples. This is me pregnant, I thought, smiling fondly at my reflection as I remembered what this felt like last time, the idiosyncrasies of a pregnant body, the strength and power I felt as my belly grew.
I was wrong, though. // "Six Days Late" by Danielle Griggs, new on C+C today. Link in profile.
- sarabethharmanThank you for sharing. Just had my second miscarriage in four months and it is so good to know I'm not alone in the waiting.
- colie0Yes!!! Thank you so much for writing this and the recent posts on your Junk Drawer blog. I want to hand this to everyone I know. So hard
- mrsfiddlestixAll the feels😭
- phoenixfeatherscalligraphy@coffeeandcrumbs, I would love to do any work complimentary for any needs or wants you may have! I've been listening to your podcast the past couple weeks (and don't worry-ill be sure to buy a book or two), but I've been incredibly and supremely blessed by you all. Best yet, I'm not even a mom! Would you ever consider a sister blog or a short series on not just motherhood, but marriage? I know you did an episode on marriage, but the heartaches from marriage as well? "I had a miscarriage" was a beautiful beautiful message. Maybe you could do one on "I had an affair" or "my child has autism" or "my husband stays at home". Again, I love you guys so much and am looking forward to all you'll do.
- mrsstephkabooneSo beautiful
- jessie.ereddiaYes! ❤️ I am right there, too. Waiting on the Lord!
- courtneynicoleramseyGoodness, YES! Beautifully written.
- rachelmccloudNeeded this today. Thank you for your vulnerability.
Log in to like or comment.