multifacetedmamaThis week has flown by. I have almost no pictures of the past 7 days to share because I forgot to take any. I put the phone down, walked away and soaked up every last second with Jeff the kids and my family.
Since we started to homeschool, and because my husband is a teacher, we have really gotten to make the most out of breaks because we're all together. There are no words for how lucky I feel that we get to spend so much time together. One day I hope the boys will realize how unusual that is.
We are back into our routine now and last night Jeff was up before sunrise and home well after dark.
But summer is just 2 months away...
- multifacetedmama#wildandfreechildren #runwildmychild #raiseawildchild #forestschool #letthekids #littleandbrave #familytrails #childhoodunplugged #lovelifeoutside #iwasbornwild #Kidsoftheoutdoors #letthemexplore #letthembelittle #homeschoollife #homeeducation #dandelion #ourcandidlife #honestmotherhood #bravewriterlifestyle #our_everyday_moments #dailyparenting #slowlife #childhoodunplugged #motherhoodrising #motherhoodthroughinstagram #thesincerestoryteller #charlottemasonliving
- dccoldSo cool that you all get to spend breaks together! I love that!
- multifacetedmama@dccold it's amazing! I throws my whole routine off... but it's amazing!
- hey.macaPrecious time mama! So pretty 💞
- shelbygoodmanGlad you guys get this time together as a family!!
- motherhoodinstilettosLove that you guys get to spend that time together ❤️
- om_sweet_mayberryLove this! Soak it all in. Spending all day with my kiddos is my favorite part of homeschooling. And all the cool stuff we get to do together of course!
- lindseyhfrankSo awesome!!! I feel the same way about our situation and Andy being able to work from home!!
- _nancyjVery sweet :)
- themotheroverloadIt's great to out the phone down mama! ☺️😘🙌🏼
- occasionally_perfectThis are my favorites!!!
- momwifefoodieI love that you do this.
- nikkiandalLove this photo! Good for you for putting it down!
- amidst.the.chaosEnjoy those moments girl!
- multifacetedmama@lindseyhfrank it's a little bit like being spoiled.
- boldheartmamaI bet the summers are something to really look forward to! Do you have any big plans? And having other holidays and breaks sprinkled throughout the year offers a little reprieve from the every day doing it all alone. We haven't vacationed at all since my pregnancy when we needed to stay close to home or just felt that traveling with the baby would be too much, so we've had quarterly staycations and that has been pretty satisfying.
- multifacetedmama@boldheartmama Summers are AMAZING with all of us home together. Birth makes it hard and for you the pregnancy and postpartum was so complicated I bet you're ready for a vacation. Langston was born on the first day of summer break 2 years ago and that was our first summer break all together since I was out for maternity leave. Last summer was even better because Langston was big enough and I was not recovering we really got to enjoy it and now I've been pining for summer all year long.
- multifacetedmama@boldheartmama I've been thinking about year round schooling starting in September. Partly because I just prefer year round schooling (it's not like our school is so rigorous that they need a 3 month break) and partly because it allows Jeff to be involved for 2 months and really see what it's like. Because he keeps school hours I feel like he is not as connected to this huge part of our lives as he could be.
- boldheartmama@multifacetedmama I remember seeing you in target on pp day 2 or something crazy and he was just a tiny little ball of squishy. So sweet! Year round would make so much sense for you guys. I love that idea of dad getting involved. It's definitely a one woman show around here but perhaps as they get older andy will get to do more. We are more or less year round minus the structure of true on and off times. We just go with the ebbs and flows and keep the same intentions through the summer. It's probably slightly more relaxed because camps are so accessible and it's a nice opportunity to expose them to some new things. But the different seasons inspire our homeschool content so I just go with it. And you are right a new baby complicates the routine for sure. And I would love a real vacation (like I would *love* it) but with our house on the verge we are focusing resources on that... ☺️
Log in to like or comment.