1st.noelleI get dozens of emails per day asking how in the world I'm pulling this off: funding my dreams from sratch, more than I asked for, without any debt, and fully clothed. And I answer as many as I can because being a one-off does absolutely nothing for my grander BX mission or personal legacy. Oddly enough, when I start laying out the steps that began in October 2014, I get met with "no, no I just need a plug to your PR person... who's running your campaign... who's booking your press?" The answer is ME. I'm usually brushed off at this point because no one wants to hear that my "overnight success" took 2 years; 10 of those months spent mostly in seclusion. No one wants to put in the work. All the media and $151k+ looks so glamorous... when in reality I just collected an average of $84 from 1,800 people, one by one. The bigger the press, the less money I got (Vibe+The New Yorker+The NY Times+Ebony= a lot of likes and $0). The biggest contributions came from La-shawns & Lu-shawns, Keishas, Emmanuels, Pookies & 'em, not Michael Moores. My relatives were able to put in about $1,500 combined. Then I keep seeing these failed crowdfunds that look just like mine popping up. I don't mean to 🤣🤣🤣 but y'all making life so impossible for yourselves tryna get from A to Z without laying any foundation. I'm sorry, but there's no way around the WORK. I strongly suggest you start your clock today because I got lucky with ONLY 2 years.
- firstname.lastname@example.org date saved! 💞
- 9to5.styleMi amor, YES, bottom line.
- ad.queen_@marilovesol we may meet up there one day 👑😉...I'll be coming from Cali how about you ?
- email@example.com - looking forward to connecting with you.
- tassikadotcomTell them!!
- firstname.lastname@example.org I agree what you said. Many people do not see the behind the scenes work you done.. Here is a quote "many people want to go from A to Z, but do not want to do B to Y." I am so happy you are doing the B to Y.
- thebooksmithscYou will never know how much I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished. WORK is the key and I have been in this book business for 3 years (May 1 is the anniversary) and I am almost debt free. Will not stop working, praying and keep going.
- tzdoesit🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾keep working!!
- crysjoiKeep reaching for your dreams!!
- justabxmomIt was written gorgeous. The dream was planted in you because you alone could achieve this. Let the pop up copycats try but your destiny has already been set. Success doesn't come without setbacks but when it's your time (as it is now) nothing can stop it. So proud as an outsider looking in. I can't even begin to imagine what this feels like to your tribe. Looking forward to patronizing your establishment.
- evelarenAll of this! @1st.noelle #AllTruth Loving your journey and staying tuned.
- thetaedayThis was so on point and although I know u did it thru dedication it is very insightful. Thank you for being my 2017 goals. The motivation more so than the checks
- kemeticwellnessThank you for this post! Thank you for reminding me while I'm in the lab that working diligently is the only way. Peace and blessings star 💫
- email@example.com_ SoCal 😝
- ad.queen_@marilovesol oh it's wrap! We might as well go together aha
- firstname.lastname@example.org_ that's right! So nice to meet you on the gram. Until we meet in person ☺️
- ad.queen_@marilovesol yes 👑 it is such a pleasure. This is a plus side to having social media. We shall link up soon, I am also in SoCal 💕
- classofhc"A lot of likes & $0" - this deserves a full interview on it's own
- genisha_mLove this ! Congratulations on your success I look forward to supporting your grind.
- shouldersjermaineSo succinctly put.
Log in to like or comment.