louisetilbrookdesignsAfter careful examination of various stalled WIPs for my husband I think I've identified the problem.
I never thought there could be such a thing as too much grey but I am now considering revising that statement.
When the item in question is a plain grey stocking stitch sweater with over 250 stitches on the needles there can most certainly be a thing as too much grey.
To rescue the thing from the bottom of the WIP basket and prevent it sinking back down I've resorted to leaving it in kitchen fruit bowl. Keeping it front and centre in my mind and stopping me being distracted by the new and shiny.
Even if I just do a few rounds on it every day it will be finished eventually - right?
Any tips for preventing grey fatigue would be most appreciated.
#knitstagram #knitlove #knitters #tricot #tricoter #knittersoftheworld #knittersofinstagram #knittersofig #yarnlove #yarnlovechallenge #collectivelycreate #knitaddict #wearethemakers #makersofig #livecreatelove #blogeveryday #everydayknitter #knitblog #knitting_inspiration #riftsweater #greylove #allthegreys #grellowlove #transformyouryarn #sweaterknitting
- brityarn@louisetilbrookdesigns it's been so dull and grey here the last week though it's seemed like winter at times!! Hurry up ☀️
- enchanted_forest_fibersI'm so with you on this! I have at least 5 languishing husband projects. Two have second sock syndrome, two have "the-weather-is-getting-warmer-right?" excuses and the sweater has an overwhelm factor.
- susayerknits@louisetilbrookdesigns I second @harriettealcock's idea. I always find that running a contrasting project alongside helps when tedious knitting strikes.
- elletee42Just two rounds every day, you can do it and then reward yourself. :)
- louisetilbrookdesigns@elletee42 great advice. Thank you 💟
- louisetilbrookdesigns@susayerknits Digging out a suitable stripy sock right now. Thank you 💟
- tabathathomastechedit@louisetilbrookdesigns Perfect!! 😉
- closetknitterukI've got a shawl on my needles at the moment that's a dark, carbon grey apart from a lace border in a contrast colour.... it was ok at the start, but I'm half way through the main semi-circle at around 260 sts..... I feel your pain! A good series on Netflix, an international flight and some bribery is probably going to be needed if I'm ever to make it to boarder land!
- louisetilbrookdesigns@closetknitteruk Oh yes. A nice trans Atlantic flight - business class of course would be perfect
- louisetilbrookdesignsMaybe I should suggest it to DH if he wants a finished sweater 😀😀
- closetknitteruk@louisetilbrookdesigns sadly I'm not important enough.... yet.... for business class, I'll have to make do with premium economy... 😕on the plus side, I'm only little, so I don't take up much space.
- laraloreleiknitsHow much have you still got to knit? Could you work on this Monday to Friday and other more appealing projects until you get it done?
- priestessravenMy bland knits I try to keep in my brightest bags so I at least have something to keep me cheery. They make very good projects for reading or movie watching at least. I also make deals with myself, so much on one means I get to work on a brighter project after for a bit. Otherwise I'll get to the point where I dislike my project and I really won't finish it
- louisetilbrookdesigns@laraloreleiknits I have half a sleeve done and about 10" of the body. Quite a way to go I fear 😀
- louisetilbrookdesigns@priestessraven Oh..i like the idea of a bright project bag
- justknitmycupoftea@louisetilbrookdesigns What's that yarn at top right? I rather like that!
- louisetilbrookdesigns@justknitmycupoftea I'm ashamed to say that I lost the ball band. I think it is a Regia one but I'm not sure
- theknittingswedeI agree with @tabathathomastechedit , a gripping film always works 😁. I do like the fruit bowl idea, must try it myself!
- justknitmycupoftea@louisetilbrookdesigns Never mind! Regia makes sense for that style of patterning and gives me a start point for some googling.
Log in to like or comment.