katespillerHappy to be at the end of a hot and sweaty hike on St. John. Behind us are ruins from the island's sugar plantation days, and a relaxing boat ride back to the @virginislandsnps visitor center awaited us. /////////////////////
Invest in good gear, take care of it, and if necessary (and possible) fix what breaks or fails. #100daysofnaturelessons #day16 #the100dayproject
The combination of picking up Bergen's bike from our local bike shop (just in for some realignment and tune up) and realizing we had a flat tire on the stroller (rolling over blackberry bushes is common here in Seattle) made me think of this lesson today. We're lucky to have this gear that gets us out in nature & makes life easier, and with comes the responsibility of taking care of it and maintaining it! And that @deuter pack on my back sure comes in handy.
- katespiller#kidsoutside #rei1440project #outdoorfamilies #raiseawildchild #thatsdarling #abmtravelbug #getaftergrateful #travelwithkids #gratefuloutdoors #childhoodunplugged #familytrails #abmlifeiscolorful #petitejoys #familytravel #travelgram #letthembelittle #stjohn #usvi #familytraveltribe #littlefierceones #vitaminN #beautifuldestinations #wanderlust #usvirginislands #hikeitbaby #reefbaytrail
- travelingmelmtGood gear is key for getting out! And maintaining is is good for the planet. Win-win.
- thesocialwillowThis photo brightened my day 💚
- we3travelShe does look so happy for being hot
- thetravellingmomShe looks very happy in such heat!
- northcountrylittlesWhat a cool place to explore! I love seeing old places like this and trying to imagine what life was like for the people who lived/worked there
- worldisabookLove your smiles here! Didn't realize there were ruins in St John's too. So great to learn more about this island from you.
- fit.eleThanks for reminding me I need a new pack😢 the old one, although "vintage" ish, isnt cutting it anymore
- walkingontravelsCan't believe you carried her in that heat!
- chasquimomI'm about done with carrying Diego. If he gets carried it's by his dad, I just can handle the strain anymore. No pack has ever fit me well except my Ergo.
- mamanonthetrailWhat's this hundred day project you're up to?
- katespiller@northcountrylittles yes! It was a lot to take in given all the tragedy, but fascinating to learn about the sugar process.
- katespiller@worldisabook yes! There are many all over the island. They were fun to visit since we were usually the only ones there (unlike the beaches!)
- katespiller@walkingontravels the things we do to get out and explore! That boat ride at the end was a good motivation.
- katespiller@chasquimom so hard when the pack doesn't fit well! Not sure how much longer I can carry G. I'm fine with the weight, but she's SO impatient up there...basically demands snacks at all times. 😆
- katespiller@mamanonthetrail it's a project where you choose to do something creative for 100 days, so I'm posting a photo & a lesson learned/gleaned from being outside everyday. Others do painting, sewing...all kinds of things.
- pitstopsforkidsLove St John. Enjoy!
Log in to like or comment.