iquitsugarWe’re THRILLED by the amazing things Amsterdam is doing to fight obesity. The city’s introduced a heap of policies including: ✔️ A ban on bringing fruit juice to schools. Instead encouraging water. ✔️ Providing cooking classes to kids. ✔️ Encouraging families to eat dinner together . ✔️ Sports centre membership for low-income families. ✔️ City refusal to sponsor any event joint-funded by a fast food company ! 📝 We all have a lot to learn from this! Who would like to see similar policies introduced in their local community? 📷 Graeme Robertson from the @guardian
- amycortvriendMy daughter's school is similar and my local council heavily subsidise leisure facilities for low income families (Stockport, UK). Falling short on cooking lessons though
- annabel_mackenzie_dietitianHopefully the word will spread - not the weight!
- ness476We do crunch and sip at 10am and the amount of kids that bring poppers and say it's fruit - oh no it's sugar and water maybe 25% juice and no it is not fruit! Would love similar to be introduced here.
- claireb39We might try starting with removing them from children's hospitals.....
- _caseluttrellAmsterdam is amazing, the whole world should look up to them and take on their great ideas 👐🏻
- kensiyogaSo amazing and makes so much sense 🙏🏽
- valeria_ilona_szaboHowever, this is the country where candy on bread is a sandwich eaten for lunch. Yeah, in school and office canteens...
- magportelliGreat idea. A ban on fruit juice in lunch boxes & soft drinks at canteen.🍎
- moominissyShould be worldwide...........🌺
- picnicvintagegcJust had to email Grade 3 teacher this week requesting to stop rewarding my daughter with lollies 🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭 Although we don't have any junk at home, it's so hard to avoid everywhere we go eg sport, shops, Grandparents, Birthday Parties etc etc Very frustrating 😫😫😫😫😫
- mm_00100270@iquitsugar - you can put all these great initiatives in place, but how do you fight laziness? People have got to want to eat well, go to the gym, learn to cook...
- nikibee.handmadeThat's so great! My sons been in school in two states in Australia now and lunches are policed by the teachers, the three schools have had a "skins not wrappers" policy. It's wonderful. 💙
- mez.t4🙋make it happen!!
- missy__moooAbsolutely love this!
- trailertrash61Yes we neeed more government intervention in every aspect of our lives. Lunch police..... wow.
- dredre5435@teachmeg why is this such a problem for us???
- teachmeg@dredre5435 ... Seriously!! #wakeupamerica!
Log in to like or comment.