swatchesandstethoscopesMy first empties post on instagram! Yay! Here is the stuff I've used up since the beginning of the year
1️⃣ Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser: Great face wash for after oil cleansing, never left my skin feeling stripped + you only need a little. This bottle lasted all of 2016+part of 2017. Would repurchase if I didn't have several other minis and cleansers to go through first
2️⃣ Belif The True Cream Moisture Bomb x 2: my absolute favorite moisturizer for my dry and sensitive skin. Already repurchased.
3️⃣ Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream: this was really nice, I just like the Belif better (and it's less expensive). 4️⃣ Fresh Black Tea Age Delay Eye Concentrate Mini : really nice, creamy eye cream. No visible difference in fine lines, and very expensive. Would not purchase (great freebie though!)
5️⃣ Clinique Take The Day Off Balm: my favorite oil cleansing/makeup removing product that I have used so far. Would repurchase once I "hate finish" the oil cleaner from Simple that I really don't like.
6️⃣ IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Finishing Powder: just a really, really nice pressed powder! It sets everything without looking super dry and seems to have a touch of a blurring effect (though nothing miraculous). This took me over a year to totally pan (see next photo for my proudest pan so far) and I've already repurchased it.
7️⃣ UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original: this is a classic staple! I have minis of it from various subscription boxes/freebies to go through still so no need to repurchase.
8️⃣ Anastasia Brow Definer in Medium Brown: I love this for quick brows in the morning. Because I am not super precise with my brows, I like this better. I purchased the Brow Wiz when Ulta had them for 50% off but will probably go back to this once I finish that. Love how cool toned this brown shade is.
9️⃣ Alternate Caviar CC Cream: this is a nice do-it-all hair product. Smells nice, adds shine and smooths my hair, and protects from heat. Theoretically would repurchase...but I have a ton of hair products to get through first.
Let me know if you guys have any questions about these or if you want to see more posts like this!
- email@example.com I usually am too! I'm trying to post them here periodically as motivation to finish things up 🙃
- settoglow@swatchesandstethoscopes I never post empties but everyone seems to. Why is it that you do?
- swatchesandstethoscopes@settoglow they are actually some of my favorite posts to look at/read so I figured I would contribute. I like them because I feel like if someone has finished an entire product, they can really review it honestly and comprehensively (versus perhaps a beauty vlogger/"influencer" that gets a lot of PR packages and doesn't have the time to really try a product thoroughly before reviewing).
- yangswearaboutsI've been using that face cream from fresh! just a little too pricy for what you get out of it, I think. Will have to try the Belif!
- settoglow@swatchesandstethoscopes I see! Well that is obvious now I have asked!! Thanks for replying!!
- swatchesandstethoscopes@yangswearabouts highly recommend!! I'm with you about the fresh cream-- nice but nothing special.
- swatchesandstethoscopes@settoglow no problem 😊
- yangswearabouts@swatchesandstethoscopes thanks for the rec 😊
- eguntherI swear by Farmacy's Green Clean makeup melt away cleansing balm. It's gentle but gets everything off easily.
- swatchesandstethoscopes@egunther I have a deluxe sample of it that's on my lineup to try!! Now I'm super excited now that I know it's good 😊
- blushingwandiLove the Clinique take the day off balm and the ItCosmetics pressed powder. I'm currently saving all my empties to do my first empties post hopefully sometime next month! 🙂
- blushingwandiAlso, I've never heard the term "hate finish", but I'm loving it 😂😂
- swatchesandstethoscopes@anditellsitall yay! I can't wait to read it 😊 also it's totally a thing. Like a product not horrible enough to throw away and waste, but you just want to use it up ASAP
- blushingwandi@swatchesandstethoscopes ahhhhh, then I'm currently "hate finishing" my Tarte drink of H2O moisturizer 😣 It doesn't pair well with my oily skin.
- amateurallopathThis brow definer is my favorite! I love the angle you can get on it.
- victorynursingSuper nice :)
- medicalmyanneHave always wanted to try purity cleanser and I think you've given me the final push! Also you make that it cosmetics powder sound sooo appealing. Love how practical you are in these reviews and especially your repurchasing habits until you've used up everything. Can't wait for more of these!!
- swatchesandstethoscopes@medicalmyanne thanks girl!! I definitely have not been very disciplined about waiting to repurchase in the past...which is why I have so many minis and backups to get through! Hoping that doing regular empties posts will keep me accountable 😊
Log in to like or comment.