jbrissett7Dear Big O,
I am writing you this letter to say thank you. I want to thank you for what you have done for this country – outside of politics. Honestly, I don't know enough about politics to judge what was good or bad, but I want you to know that when you said "Yes We Can" – a young man dreaming a dream from rough circumstances in Florida heard you. When you were elected President for the first time I was 16 and I watched you make the never-imaginable, attainable and I heard your cry to inspire hope. I used those words as motivation and saw your achievement as an opportunity and permission to work make my dreams come true too. You were the President of the United States – the highest office in the world. You broke a barrier and a stereotype proving not every minority has to use a ball to make a way. You've inspired a lifetime of dreamers young and old. Now, kids from my community – and my future children – will know that there is no dream too big – even they could be the President of the United States. As I prepare for the honor of visiting the White House, I will be there as a Super Bowl Champion – and I will think of you, mainly because the White House is a different, and better place because you lived there. I was a kid that came from nothing and I am living out one of the greatest dreams of my life. I am just grateful for the opportunity to walk on the same steps as you did, and to have a platform to inspire and I hope to leave my mark on history the way you did. One day, when I meet you, I will shake your hand and say thank you to your face but until then this kid is going to continue to dream until I can’t anymore. Thank you for blazing a trail, but for more than that, for leaving a paved road behind you for others to climb on.
The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your DREAMS - Oprah
Yes we can!! DREAM BIG!! Thank you,
P.S Holla at me to help you with your broke jump shot
- planetweaverJacoby Brissett I love what you wrote/what you did here. "Words were created to share the pictures we carry in our hearts" #WorldPeace #OnlyLovePrevails
- yazee1202Your article touched my heart deeply. I couldn't stop the tears. I'm so proud of you. I'm so touched by your kind words to an amazing truly compassionate loving kind caring President. May God bless you and our President. Continue dreaming big son. Keep your feet on the ground and dream Big dreams son. Many Blessings
- vaniti716Thank you for being so sweet and humble...keep dreaming sweetheart 💖
- blaveroniThis is and awesome letter. Right from the heart!
- macmeg523Thanks @seattlepics, this is beautiful.
- richardtrepsasLOVE YOU, JB: Well said in saying the truth without stepping on any political landmines, for which I admire you! I voted for Barack Obama twice...a class act as President, he led the fight to staunch/reverse the Great Recession and provide Affordable Health Care for 20 million Americans, most of them poor or barely "middle class". He is greatly missed.
- ggturfcommanderI didn't always agree with President Obama's policies, but this goes to the deeper impact he had to Inspire many to dream a little bigger! As a fellow NCSU alumni, we are all as equally as proud to see young men represent our university so well, not by your stats or paycheck but humbleness and the work ethic that earned you that trip to the White House. Every kid in America black, white, Latino, Asian whatever should know no dream is unattainable! Good luck with your future! Go Pack!
- caliskeeperBeautiful. Your light is shining so bright @jbrissett7 ❤️❤️❤️
- dannikinskywalkerYES!!!! Obama is THE MAN!!! And you're pretty cool yourself ❤️
- pypapomaBeautifully written young man. God bless you always!
- seary_figueroaYou wrote: "Honestly, I don't know enough about politics to judge what was good or bad." I agree with your statement. What I suggest is that you can learn, do your own research so you can learn right from wrong.
- ladyalicepopeWell written.. proves that you are a well educated athlete. You have already made your mark by breaking several stereotypes. God bless you
- sassan27Thank you!
- fresh_dre19Fucking bum
- bamarich47Brilliant remarks. President Obama was dignity and class, unlike what we have now.
- shabaldiWell written!👏
- matt_perez5Well said! Obama certainly inspired ordinary people to do and achieve extraordinary things!
Log in to like or comment.