girlgazeprojectGiving visibility to those who are often marginalized is a large part of the #Girlgaze mission. @transcendingself is an incredible project by photographer @trittscamera and features Davi who is 20 years old and gender neutral. "In my experience, being gender neutral means that I feel very much in the middle and don’t always belong, but also I feel that I am always pushing the gender binary boxes out of the way to not let anything define me and that feels amazing. It is not always easy to be gender neutral because we live in a binary world and I can feel invisible. I try to be loud and proud, so people know I am here and gender neutral folk exist." #trans #transgender #nonbinary #agender #portrait #genderqueer #GenderRevolution #genderneutral #queer #girlgaze
- trittscamera@em__hamp it's a joy for me
- email@example.com thank you 🙏🏼🙏🏼
- tonvdl58beat the binary
- girlgazeproject@em__hamp thank you for being here and for having a voice in our community! ❤️
- girlgazeproject@trittscamera thank you for creating such important work and a safe space for the trans community 💖
- girlgazeproject@tonvdl58 yesss!!
- trittscamera@girlgazeproject 🙏🏼
- firstname.lastname@example.org thank you
- trittscamera@tonvdl58 yes! ❤️
- trittscamera@marycoshstudio davi is gender neutral and uses the pronoun they. Davi does not identify as a woman. But would appreciate being called a beautiful person I think. 😊.
- trittscamera@lennoxbishop thank you 😍
- trittscamera@em__hamp ❤️❤️
- coricorinneThis is amazing.
- allegorilab@feelstrength love this feed
- trittscamera@coricorinne ❤️
- michaelintpThis is a gripping portrait. For me. Kept thinking about it. Came back. Forcing me to look within myself - a "male" (if one must choose a box) who is generally more comfortable with women than men, who sees most men to some degree as emotionally disabled compared to most women, and who can easily "identify" with Trans women. Trans men are harder for me to empathize with, even though I respect each person's gender alignment (or non-alignment). So - this image is poking my head and heart. I'm being honest. Which is a good thing. Must be something I need, at this time, in this place. ❤ (What a fricken' long post, haha! 😛).
- michaelintpAnd I do understand the neutrality of the image as well, though it still evokes the reaction I described above. Work to do ... 💭❤
- mrsdee1970So brave. Sending ❤️ and best wishes to u and ur project 🤗
Log in to like or comment.