empoweredvitalityA couple weeks ago my boyfriend took me on a date for my first float @floathouseedmonton and I liked it so much I signed up for a membership! Tonight I went back for my second float and I think this is going to be one of my favourite self-care activities!
This pod contains 800lbs of Epsom salt in 10 inches of water. The water is set to skin temperature so once you get settled into the water you don't feel it! With all that salt, the water is really buoyant making it easy to float.
Floating is amazing because it's like sensory deprivation, although I'm told they don't prefer to use that term. Being in the city, you might hear the occasional noise, but overall it's quiet and dark. If you prefer not to be in pitch black darkness, you can change the lighting setting!
The 75 minutes we spent floating is an amazing way to go within, as there's no distractions. I spent some time focusing on my breath and then practicing non-attachment with my thoughts. I'm told you can also use that time to think through the more important or meaningful things you may have on your mind.
The Epsom salts is another amazing benefit of floating that contains high amounts of magnesium. Magnesium is our anti-stress mineral and can become depleted quite easily in our non-stop, go-go-go society. It can really help you fall into a good sleep too!
I'm loving floating so far because of the lack of distractions. Even my phone is inaccessible! There's no other option than to just be with myself and my thoughts. 🌊
- earthgirlakadeanneWhoaaaa, that seems so cool. I want to try it!
- empoweredvitality@earthgirlakadeanne It's so awesome Deanne! You totally should!
- sharingselfloveLOVED floating. I moved away from my main float station and am missing it so much
- bella_and_mias_g@divababe3 looks fun!
- hanzipansYes!!!! I don't know where I'd be without magnesium. LOVE!! @lifeofa.yogagirl_ this is what I was telling you about ❤️
- peace.full.lifeThe only thing that made my float experience not the greatest was the fact that as I floated my body kept touching the sides of the tank. It would startle me every time it happened. Not sure if my tank was smaller than most or what but I found that annoying. I really wanted to fully expand my arms out but wasn't able to do that
- floathouseedmontonWe look forward to hosting your next float Richelle :)
- empoweredvitality@sharingselflove Isn't it amazing! That's too bad there isn't one close by.
- empoweredvitality@hanzipans Magnesium is amazing!!
- email@example.com That's too bad! I know they told us to brace ourselves against the sides until the water calms down, so that we wouldn't ping pong around. That seemed to work, but at one point my hand did touch the side and startled me a bit.
- empoweredvitality@floathouseedmonton Looking forward to it too!
- peace.full.life@empoweredvitality , that makes sense!
Log in to like or comment.