betrayaltraumarecoverySafety has been the most important part of my recovery and in many ways was the beginning of my recovery. Until I was safe because of healthy boundaries, I wasn't able to begin healing.
What have you done today to create safety for yourself?
- betrayaltraumarecovery#motherofthree #narcism #dissapointment #ldsgeneralconference #soberfun #feministmovement #socialjustice #womenhealth #womenoffaith #christianquote #divorcedmom #marriagequotes #familywalk #husbandtime #eternallife #recoverymode #sexualassaultsurivor #depressionawareness #traumatised #findingmyself #nomoredrama #youreworthit #peaceday #mothering #narcabuse #christiancreative #havefaith #godisincontrol #godsgrace #mormonproblems
- cortfrancisLove love love
- vintagekika1@betrayaltraumarecovery I have said no when I don't want to talk about something. Simply the word no. It is a complete sentence in it of itself. ❤️
- betrayaltraumarecovery@vintagekika1 love it! No is definitely a complete sentence and a boundary. 😘
- vintagekika1@betrayaltraumarecovery thank you! It's tough and yet so necessary. People get mad at my no. And I'm learning to let go and not care. I need to protect myself. That is the priority and key to safety.
- jorose415Paying attention to my own cues and knowing what I can and cannot emotionally handle. If I sense myself getting too upset or emotionally overwhelmed, I need to set a boundary. Before, I wouldn't know how to be in tune with my body as much. But I'm learning how to recognize my own cues and take care of myself.
- betrayaltraumarecovery@jorose415 wow, that's awesome! It's so important to be in tune with your body.
- laurenp111I'm paying attention to my husband's mood/behavior (I used to just get sucked in and react). As soon as I feel that he's in addict mode, I go to one of my safe places and do self care!
- i_amagrafI have been reading a book by Emmet Fox that uses the "Golden Key". It says, "instead of thinking of your difficulty think of God instead". I've been practicing all day and it has helped me tremendously 🌈🌈🌈
- yourinnerartistI talked with a good friend who has known me before & after my "d-day". Getting her support as I make some big changes in my life keeps me in the reality that I am making the best choices for me right now & I do have a support system regardless of where life leads. Unconditional, non-judgmental support = safety.
Log in to like or comment.