run4prsWednesday Fartlek with Abby 🐶 she is a great running partner! Every time I say "run" she goes crazy 😜 and begs me to take her. We got her as a rescue 3 years ago and started with 1-2 mile runs. She built up endurance to eventually be running 30+ miles per week and long runs of 10 miles with my husband at close to 6:30 pace. It helps living in a cold climate. Last April she had surgery on her arm and it took a long time for her to recover 😢 she lost a ton of fitness and gained 8 pounds. But- Over the last year, she has gotten her endurance back and she even pulled me to some great negative splits today 💪🏼🏃♀️🏃♀️ everyone has set backs but she's on her come BACK and loving the run! 😂👍🏼 do you run with your dog?
- run4prs@kristenvautin omg!!! Insane!!
- run4prs@kacheng22 hahaha maybe if he was 40 pounds bigger 😂😂
- run4prs@kpeep omg! That's awesome!! I know my dog is much faster than I am :-( but she sticks with me 😂 it's only fair they have 4 legs!! Your dog sounds so cute!!
- run4prs@karleenclark do you run with them all at the same time?! That is so interesting how they know your running clothes! My dog knows something but I'm not sure what it is that makes her think I'm running vs just leaving house! Maybe the clothes!!
- casey_case13Once my pup is older I will!! Where did you get your running leash?
- karleenclark@run4prs most of the time! 2 of them are working dogs (they help my husband move cattle) so they are extremely well behaved and just run right behind me! I typically leave them all behind on speed workouts though cause I usually have to call 2 of them back quite often and that takes up too much energy lol
- run4prs@casey_case13 it's called stunt puppy you can order online!
- run4prs@karleenclark that is great! They sound like awesome dogs. I do admit when my dog runs next to me I am like "nooo pull me!!" 😂 probably not the best to teach her but it's just too fun to get pulled 🏃♀️🐶
- darkrunerNew shoes???💫💫💫
- dustintexan@run4prs I've tripped over my dog on a run. She kept crossing my path and finally I could not avoid her. So I don't run with dogs.
- wilbur28Aww.... my lab loved running with me.. when I was training for the Ironman he was running up to 8 miles with me... now he can barely run 2 miles due to his age and hips! Makes me so sad!!! I miss my running partner
- moojavaMy 13 year old yellow lab is slowing down but still as eager as a puppy. We are now at 10:30 pace so an easy jog pace.
- running_brooklynMy dog is only 23 lbs but he's a pretty good runner. We usually do 3-5 miles together. He's always super amped up after a run, think he gets a runners high 😂. Our routine is that I give him an ice cube (or 2 or 3) and he tears through the apartment with it
- berni3trirunMy lab loves running w me. We even play catch 🎾 when I do intervals.
- runsflatoutwow you had the exact same run i did today (same distance and pace)
- instadate9Follow me for dating 💖💕🔥
- toledorunRight on!👌🏽👍🏽😍😍
- brittbertaciniWhere did you get this leash from?
- the_regimenCheck out the Summer Vibes Challenge through the link in our bio 💪🏼👙
Log in to like or comment.