courtneyadamoI have tried to write the story of Wilkie's birth at least twenty times in the past few weeks, but every time I sat down to write, I would stare at a blank screen, my fingers couldn't type. My mind would flood with vivid memories, my heart with all the emotions -- it felt so fresh and wonderful... and yet I couldn't describe it, my mind was too fuzzy and I worried I wouldn't do it justice.
Today I decided just to write it down from start to finish. Nothing fancy. No big words or elaborate descriptions. Just how it all happened.
It's up on Somewhere Slower -- my first post in months -- if you'd like to read (link in profile). 💓
- thrive.by.natureThank you for sharing your beautiful story. I had to let you know that I was moved to tears and then more so whale cries when you spoke of Easton and thereafter. What an absolute stunning transition to a family of 7 and for motherhood a 5th time. Beyond words ❤️
- cary_aceandjig@courtneyadamo read on walking to work and cried and cried on the sidewalks. Sweetest fam and story. So happy for you all!
- emiliemauranI am in tears too. You are so lucky Courtney ! I had to have 4 c-sections and would have loved to have at least one natural birth, but this is blessing, so thanks for sharing the dream !
- _dianalupuWept at the part about Easton and just really felt the rawness of your words. What an incredible experience and how memorable to have given that to your children too... just in awe of your beautiful family. So very happy for you all!!
- _anna_rdOh my gosh! Crying too! Beautiful story. I had my 2nd in November - a beautiful home water birth too. I want to re-live it over and over - now wishing Id had my 3yo there in the room too reading this. Thanks for sharing ❤
- eureblissThank you for sharing. Very emotional.
- annemiekschHow wonderful. Thank you for sharing 💗
- thekohasBeautiful words ❤️ brought tears to my eyes. Childbirth is such a miracle.
- lindsayrondoAmazing! And congrats! I love how you recorded all your other children's reactions.
- misheyfIm overwelmed by your Story. So much thank you for sharing this magical night with us. My 4. little miracle will happen to us in 12 weeks. And now after your story i can feel it right NOW. Cant wait. ❤
- woodsmokeandwildstrawberriesIt's so touching, so tender and usually so elusive, the capturing of a birth. Thank you for sharing with simplicity and beauty your amazing and unique experience. I just stumbled across this, it's beautiful series of birth photos from the competition run by the International Association of Professional Birth Photographers :http://birthphotographyimagecompetition.com
- talkwordytome_What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. I had an unexpected home birth and loved it. Also, do you live in Byron Bay? I'm visiting for the first time soon and can't wait! @courtneyadamo
- nickisebastianA beautiful late-night nursing read. You're a super-human, @courtneyadamo. Sending love to you and the entire fam ❤️❤️❤️❤️
- modelmotherThanks for telling your story. It brings back a lot of memories. I didn't manage to write down the story of my daughter's birth because, like you, I couldn't find the words and then the memories blurred. I'm tempted by a home birth next time and you've just cemented it for me, all being well 💙
- nataliewaltonRead it this evening. You expressed beautifully such tender moments. What an amazing family you have created. x
- major.lizardSo beautiful Courtney. I moved to tears this morning. 💕
- peniche90I read it today as well and started crying because the whole story is so overwhelmingly beautiful... it was so moving to read about you giving Birth! Then I started reading everything about the start of your Tour and how everything developed... Great!
- tessahopBeautiful courtney ♡
- jessbaryFinally got the time to read your story. So beautiful and peaceful. The little paragraph about Easton made me cry so hard. Im pregnant with my third. My eldest is only 3.5 tho. We'll see how my third home birth will go. 😘💛💛💛
Log in to like or comment.