haute_running_mamaWe are finally home! After a very long day of travel (mechanical delays) we finally made it back to town around 1:30 a.m. Yes, it felt like 4:30 a.m and we are all spent! I want to again thank you all for your messages, texts, calls, and support. I am overwhelmed! There was a point during the race where I felt disappointed. I felt that I was not only letting myself down but my friends and family down. I finished almost an hour later than the race that got me to Boston. ONE HOUR! I got slapped right across the face by a distance that is no joke. As I read each note from you all I remembered that we all have tough days and that we are all perfectly imperfect and that I couldn't do this without my tribe. We do what we can with what we have and we do not freaking quit. Monday was rough but amazing at the same time. And just like that, Tuesday came and I realized how proud I was of Monday. #beboston #boston2017 #WhyIRunBoston #bostonstrong #bettertogether #teamnuun
- haute_running_mama@petiterunnermom 😘😘😘😘
- haute_running_mama@luckymotherrunner thanks girl! We just have to keep getting after it 😘❤️
- runningforme26.2It was an humbling day, my friend! I was 45 minutes slower than my qualifying time! I felt sick from the beginning. It was a tough day but we earned the right to be at the best race in the world and we earned that medal & jacket!
- email@example.com yes! I have never felt so bad so early. The heat, the mofo blisters, it was ridiculous! But we freaking earned it. Never given!! Congratulations girl! These tough races make the good ones that much better 💙💛
- pam_w719You take what the day gives you and fight to the last mile! Congratulations!
- drunner77@haute_running_mama look at that smile 😍😍
- haute_running_mama@pam_w719 yes!! Thank you!
- haute_running_mama@drunner77 finish line never looked so good!! You are the best!
- stuftmamaYes! Be amazingly proud!!!!!
- panamagirl1968You go girl
- haute_running_mama@stuftmama sometimes it just takes us a moment to recognize what we have! Love ya!
- haute_running_mama@panamagirl1968 thank you!
- nebtrop77@haute_running_mama mad props girl! Doing it!!
- bamup_runnerI know what u mean, but u made it and you survived!!😁💪👏🏅🦄 That's a win! Congratulations
- lynnmahan1955Yes. You DID make it....and you're AWESOME👏👏👏👏👏
- chiara.runsI think it's hard not running as well as you'd hoped. I feel a bit of that still but that weather was hard to do well on. It's just hard to accept that we're not able to be invincible! But just finishing in that heat was a big accomplishment.
- oncrnnerjessYou are exemplified Boston Strong, embracing the human spirit and never quit attitude! You should be so proud! Nice work and way to overcome!!!
- firstname.lastname@example.org yes! I knew it wasn't a PR day for me or even close. But I know what I can do on the training I put in but the heat just killed me. Finishing alone felt like an enormous accomplishment. On to the next one right?! 😘
- haute_running_mama@oncrnnerjess you are the best!! Congratulations again on an incredibly strong race! You killed it!!
Log in to like or comment.