lordloweTuesday 7th March, 1430hrs: Neena's up there somewhere. Waiting patiently. Keeping toot.
#LifeboatStationProject #LSP12 #Lifeboat #RNLI #SavingLivesAtSea #RespectTheWater #withcouragenothingisimpossible #eatsleeplifeboatrepeat #Padstow #Cornwall #architecture #keepingtoot
- hlcwilsonDo the volunteers have to come down those steps or in the cliff lift (I forget the correct name) when they're called out? And back up again after a shout?
- lordlowe@hlcwilson They do indeed! PS Perhaps we could call it 'the clift'?
- hlcwilsonThat would make Kore sense than funicular (I looked it up)
- henmaniaStairs, stairs, stairs! 😁
- matwatkinsWhich was quickest way back to #neena when the plate was exposed... the Clift or the Cleps? Perhaps there's a way of speeding up the Clift like the stair lift on #Gremlins 😁
- luggzyg@hlcwilson We call them hoists, and we usually install them on a temporary basis on construction sites. When they are a permanent fixture, most users call them lifts.
- hlcwilsonThank you @luggzyg hoist is another word that makes more sense than funicular! Sadly, it leaves us with cloist or hoiff - both of which sound like illnesses :(
Log in to like or comment.