ourfitfamilylifeI get a lot of questions about breastfeeding and exercise. Here's a little clarification:
🍼Research has shown that moderate exercise does not affect milk supply, milk composition, or baby’s growth.
A few tips:
👙For your own comfort, you may wish to nurse before exercising and wear a good, supportive bra .
💧Some babies don’t like nursing when mom has been sweating (due to the salt on mom’s skin) so you may wish to rinse your breasts or take a quick shower before nursing.
💦The most important is to keep yourself hydrated before, during and after exercising. Drink a lot of water.
🍌Make sure to eat/drink a little snack after your workouts. Fast and healthy digesting proteins and carbs are best (I like Greek yogurts!)
💪🏼For each mother, the type and frequency of exercise may be different, but the fact is that our bodies are meant to be in motion. 💙Healthy mothers - healthy babies
- fitmamaepI nurse my 10 month old every day after my workout at the gym! #normalizebreastfeeding
- vania__xavier🙋😙😙😙 @barbarahellenlimabezerra Pensei em Vc linda! Vizualiza a tradução👏💓🌿🌸
- ladymama6That's AWESOME! You rock! Only recently I started to follow your page and I find it very motivational. Thanks for another breastfeeding Mom!
- danabartolottaI miss nursing my babies!! God bless you for your positive light on it.🙏🏼🙌🏼❤️😘
- jswi@ourfitfamilylife I'm not a mom yet but we are planning on starting a family soon. I'm active in yoga and weight lifting. I hear hot yoga is bad while pregnant? Have any experiences or know much about that? Also any weight exercises to avoid while pregnant? I have a hard time just doing cardio at the gym I get so bored, I love my weights but I've been trying to read articles about what not to do but so many articles say don't do this and then so many articles say the opposite. Any suggestion or tips about exercise during pregnancy would be helpful. 😊
- marellamurphyLove this, very practical and helpful advice!!!
- meghanmcsweeneyphotographyGood grief the interwebs could make you crazy these days with all of the contradictory info. I'm so glad I had my babies a decade ago. I feel like it was starting to be like this but not as prevalent. I never one time worried about breastfeeding and exercise! I've always been of the mindset.. take care of body and mind so you can take care of your babies! I'm glad you are helping people clear up misconceptions!
- bethanymcchesGreat picture! I love this! I hear all the time from moms that they're worried about exercising because someone told them it will effect your milk supply. I nursed both of my kids for 10mos, and 12 mos while training at a fairly high level (which my body is quite used to, so again, not for everyone). But I always had to be aware of adequate calorie consumption and hydration.
- terib_Beautiful @ourfitfamilylife
- juliana_aframGreat picture 👍🏿💗
- maceface1014Good post 👍🏼 @ourfitfamilylife do you know if this goes for the same as training for a half? Debating signing up to run one next February - (I am due Aug. 2nd) wouldn't need to start training until Thanksgiving week - would training for a half fall under, "moderate exercise" ??
- tollbellLove your page. So amazing. @ourfitfamilylife
- nhlanhlayakwasitholeLOVE absolutely LOVE this picture. it's power,happiness,bond everything
- kay_la_vanGreat tips! Thank you!!
- citibabiesI'm still breastfeeding but we are 17 months in so my supply has adjusted but at first I felt like working out made my supply increase! It was the craziest thing.
- lucky_atYour an inspiration! Thank you for this.
- oneupbabyCompletely agree! Still breastfeeding and exercising , no issues !
Log in to like or comment.