gilded_dunyaSome years ago, I was listening to a talk by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan and he recommended this book, I didn't catch the author's name at the time but still went looking for it. When I found it, I wasn't sure how authentic it would be or how well recorded the hadiths are in this book, but since then it's actually become an important book for me. It is very well recorded and every dua is listed with all the narrations. I use it every Ramadan, I've split the 206 different duas up for the 30 days of Ramadan and love reading and thinking about these duas. .
My heart's been feeling very heavy lately and I remembered this book, I told myself, I'll read even one dua from here tonight, no matter how tired I feel. It's the commentary by Khalid Baig that makes the duas mean more. He really helps someone like me see the message/lessons/importance of the duas. For example, this dua made by Suleiman (as) in surah An Naml, verse 19: .
"My Lord, grant me that I should be grateful for Your favour that You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I do the good deeds that You are pleased with. And admit me through Your mercy among Your pious servants." .
The commentary is: ~ We need Allah's help even in showing gratitude for His favours. Further, good deeds in themselves are not sufficient. We need good deeds that will be accepted by Allah. It is possible that our good deeds carry no weight in the sight of Allah because of some inherent defect or flaw that only He knows. ~ .
Doesn't the commentary help in using the dua in a better way?! Recommend this book for anyone looking for good dua books or something simple to follow and understand. .
. (I bought the book from a small Islamic bookshop, not sure if it is available online).
- hmalik828Love your book recommendations!
- baithalhikmahJazakAllahukhairn 💖💕💕
- theduajournalThis is the exact book that inspired me to make The Dua Journal.
- diniswastianaThank you for sharing, Sister. I also Listened to Ustadz Nouman's lectures about his hajj experienced and he recommended this book. I bought this book from Amazon.com
- imperfect_iterationsLooks like a great book ma shaa Allah
- ourmuslimhomeschoolJazakillahu khayrun 💕
- ranada_mThank you for sharing your thoughts.. My heart has been feeling heavy too and I did glimpse this book on my shelf.. Now, I just saw your post and thought how amazing Allah is.. To send a nudge to me through your post.. Jazakallah khair.
- parenthoodmuslimstylejazakhAllah khair! I love the idea of commentary on the dua's, it would add so much more.
- farooquisamarYour insta account is one of the bestest things to happen to me! JazakAllahu Khairun ❤️
- umm_zhyaJazakillahu khayr. I hv this book but barely look in it as its my husb. Will dig in it later. Thanks for recommendation.
- christal_joanI'll add it to my list insha Allah. I always find books like this have the most beautiful titles 😍
- every_cloud_silver_liningSounds like a book I need to get. Understanding the meaning of duas is so important, they really can be an iman booster as well as bring peace and comfort.
- naseemapSo true @gilded_dunya. A very special book of duas and a firm favorite recommended years ago by our dear teacher apa @rayhaanahomar 💕 @aaishav_. It's the explanations by Khalid Baig that makes all the differences
- rayhaanahomar@naseemap @aaishav @gilded_dunya alhumdulillah! Alhumdulillah, for the precious ways in which He guides, comforts, and soothes, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala
- _mycupof_teaThanks for sharing . I really needed a good dua book ! I need to structure my duaas and think seeping about them and understand what it is im asking from Allah swt
- education_enrichedLooks lovely ma shaa Allah
- zedandqThe title alonr caught my eye. Inshallah will look around for this. Sounds amazing! Jazakillahu khair sis!
- fabulouslyliberatedI got the dua book as a gift. So when i first went through it and read the arabic, it seemed like same old but when i read the commentary i found myself saying, "oh yes I want this" and i go back and read the dua with a firm conviction. 💜
Log in to like or comment.