lolascocinaIf any of you have an indoor plant obsession, check out my Instagram story where I share some of the plants that have thrived in my home.🌿
#lolascocina #handmade #hechoamano #hechoconamor #latinablogger #shopsmall #buylocal #latinabusiness #denver #5280 #highlandsranch #littleton #heart #talavera #coloresdemexico #smallbusiness #womeninbusiness #mexicanfood #garden #indoorplants #todoverde #plantlife
- cecyy2003Is that a mini metate? 👀
- lolascocina@cecyy2003 Yes! Isn't it the cutest? I also have a mini molcajete.
- vero__5Como prevengo los mosquitos? For indoor plants 🤔 @lolascocina
- camperlilyOk, now I'm going to get some indoor 🌱 #neednewoxygen flowing
- cpr0607How often do you water your plants? @lolascocina
- lolascocina@vero__5 We do not get mosquitoes in Colorado because it is so dry here, but in Oaxaca I learned that people cut a lime in half and pierce each half with cloves to prevent mosquitoes. Maybe you can try that around your plants. I have also put apple cider vinegar in a jar with cheesecloth on top and the gnats get trapped in the jar.
- lolascocina@cpr0607 I water mine faithfully once a week, on Sundays. Now that it is spring I also add a water soluble fertilizer and fertilize my plants once a month. It just depends on your climate. It is very dry in Colorado, which means I have to water a bit more frequently.
- lolascocina@camperlily Yes! I am all about plants that naturally clean stagnant air.
- vero__5I'm near the San Diego area. Love indoor plants but dislike mosquitoes in my house. Will be trying the tricks hoping it works. Thank you! 😍 @lolascocina
- flanandapplepieMy roommate had that plant in college in our windowless bathroom. She barely watered it and it still survived! I am in a windowless dungeon of a room at school, and I knew I couldn't survive without some green. So, I bought one of these. It's going strong right now with no sun! You can't kill these. They're the best!
- lolascocinaI cannot wait until they grow wild and take over my entire house. @flanandapplepie
- cecyy2003@lolascocina yes so cute ! I need it to teach my babies so I don't have to do all that work lol
- twopluslunaI love indoor plants! I swear I'm turning into my mom!😂😂😂😂😂
- veritosHola Lola! What was the name of the plant you have in almost every room again?
- lolascocina@veritos The one with the big leaves is called a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. They come in several different sizes, from small to huge, but they grow fairly quickly. So you can start with a small or medium sized one.
- lunaspapaI'm getting a fig tree. Let's see how long it lasts under my care 🌱🍂😔
- lolascocina@lunaspapa Just remember to put it in a room with good light and give it about one liter of water once a week. Good luck!🍀
- lunaspapaSuper! Will do. Thanks for the tips 😀
Log in to like or comment.