insatiabletravelerIn the district of Angkor in #Cambodia, sits the #Bayon Temple, known for the many large, serene faces carved into the stone—hundreds of them. According to historians the temple was built around the end of the 12th or beginning of the 13 century. I remember walking around and thinking about movies such Lara Croft (which some scenes were filmed at nearby Angkor Was), with a lot of CGI, and imagining Bayon coming to life. Perhaps the faces would be singing in unison, like It’s a Small World at Disneyland or all of them talking to each other about the last 800 years—a frenzy of voices rising from the rubble. Wouldn’t that be magnificent? #Cambodia #Cambodian #cambodia🇰🇭#temples
- insatiabletraveler@linakerstreet it's truly amazing. Imagine what those temples must have been like in their heyday ❤️
- insatiabletraveler@mcoffeyburns many many thanks!
- insatiabletraveler@milesofawanderer sure would!
- insatiabletraveler@misterjabsticks Aww thanks! I so appreciate that. ☺️☺️☺️
- untamedlensNice shot
- wendelmoetNice picture! Look like mine but then mirrored 😊
- cliffordpickettphotographyStunning photo!!!
- sjeuckAmazing shot!
- insatiabletraveler@untamedlens Thank you!
- insatiabletraveler@firdausomarandco 🙏🙏🙏
- insatiabletraveler@wendelmoet that whole temple was fascinating
- insatiabletravelerThank you @cliffordpickettphotography!
- insatiabletravelerMany many thanks @sjeuck!
- firdausomarandco@insatiabletraveler i absolutely love Siem Reap! Btw, I enjoyed your photography!
- insatiabletravelerThank you very much @firdausomarandco. I truly appreciate your kind words. 🙏
- i_travel_to_liveone of my all time favorite places
- insatiabletravelerThank you @alex.trilheiro 😀😀
- insatiabletravelerIt's so special @i_travel_to_live 😍
Log in to like or comment.