kindredvintageConfession, this may be the second picture I have taken of our home in weeks. 😳Yes, I have mainly been posting a few older snaps lately. Recapping memories and projects from the past. There are a few reasons for this, travel, home makeovers & unfinished projects, Instagram frustrations etc but when I dig deep the answer is clear, I have been so busy just living life without the fear of missing out on social media. Without the worry that our account is going to be forgotten about because I haven't busted my booty to capture the perfect picture. 😜Instead I have been living life in the moments that aren't necessarily 'perfect' post worthy pics, while really embracing those imperfectly perfect days. Letting moments full of family, friends, dinners, play, laughter and a home that is way too messy to share at times seep in a little longer. Not that those said moments aren't there when I do post more frequently, and not that you can't have both, but for me I just felt the need to slow down some over these past few months and recharge. To really rest in those moments that make us who we are, the ones that motivate us to share and create. And through it all I have come to realize that that's okay. I don't have to stress about these things because this IS indeed my passion, one of my favorite joys, and it won't disappear or go away just because I don't post new material as frequently. We all go through different seasons in life and it's alright to be gentle with yourself and listen to your soul, whether it be a small break or a fierce pursuit, listening to what your heart needs is so important! Trust me, I am not going anywhere, and I will be posting a lot more new material soon as some exciting opportunities, collaborations, blog hops and makeovers approach because these are the things about this hobby of mine that inspire me and make my heart happy. 🙌🏻 Today I tidied up the house as the sun was shining in and I felt so inspired to share not only this picture but what has been on my heart lately, because maybe it's been on yours too? Love you guys! Thanks for always understanding, encouraging and motivating me! 🤗 barn doors by @artisanhardware
- magdalena.wrobelBeautiful! Well written 😍
- campjames12Those doors!!! # goals
- i_am_memomThanks s what life is about. Grabbing those moments and cherishing them. You never know what's going to happen. Enjoy life as it comes. The good, the bad, the messy. It's all part of this wondrous journey.
- kaz_richoIt's good to slow down! 👏🏼 "You can't get so hung up on where you'd rather be, that you forget to make the most of where you are." ... A quote from the movie Passengers we just watched. Take time to appreciate each day for its ordinary, extraordinary beauty; otherwise before you know it time will quickly pass by. Time is a precious gift we have been given. We should all remember to "live" it wisely. 💕 Xx
- dani_elle_lewisSuch a great post @kindredvintage ! This Aussie girl will be following you whether you post once a day or once a year! 😉☺️
- kindredvintage@kaz_richo love you kar-bear miss you already! And yes I'm still awake and will be until 3am! Hahha darn jet lag!
- kindredvintage@dani_elle_lewis you're too sweet, thank you!! I just returned from OZ! Adore you state I was visiting my sis who wrote above, are you in Melbourne by chance?!
- southerndiscourseI've been there! You put it so well. Thank you for this post and gorgeous pic!!
- himmalayaGorgeous home! I love the door!!
- designsbyimaginethatYour priceless and this is what's been going on in my thoughts as well. I feel the need to step back a minute from IG not totally but for a moment and spend more time with my family. I notice I'm on my computer quite a bit like you photographing for my business page as well as I'm in the middle of designing three homes. The thing that got my heart was i see my husband sitting across from me needing my attention needed me to be in this game of life with him and not so busy working in social media. So I want to thank you for the go ahead to sit back and enjoy life itself. You totally made my day girl!!!🍃🌀💙
- gypsypaintbrushBeautiful words. Life is messy, and real, and beautiful, it is worth posting even if it's not a perfect picture. I'd rather see something that shows happiness than a picture perfect home that I will never accomplish. Relax, enjoy, love.
- kindredvintage@patticakewagner you're such a doll! Thanks for writing! Family first always and when we feel overwhelmed breaks are a good thing and rest is a must! 💕👊🏻💕
- dani_elle_lewis@kindredvintage South East Queensland (about an hour south of Noosa ☺️)
- vivietmargotLove this his post
- jenron.designsI love the windows in the barn doors very unique, sets your design apart.
- email@example.com thanks so much! I knew I wanted to still see the chandelier while in the living room with the doors closed! :)
- kindredvintage@vivietmargot 💕💕💕
- vintagecrushinSo beautiful!!!✨✨✨✨
- greensprucedesignsI needed this today! Thank you! ❤️
Log in to like or comment.