rayhennessyIt's been a while since I shared something from my last Florida trip so here is a lovely Sanderling with a Mole Crab, I think. I spent roughly an hour laying on the beach with these fun little shorebirds running all around in front of me. The surf was incredibly rough on this day so the Sanderlings were doing a lot of running up and down the beach trying to feed and not get swept away by waves. They are one of the most enjoyable birds to watch along a beach in my opinion. They seem to almost always opt to outrun an incoming wave instead of just flying away but every so often they miscalculate the speed of a wave and have no choice but to fly to safety. This was towards the end of my evening with them and the Florida sun was sending some beautiful light my way. You can see the warm glow of the sun and I like how deep blue the water remained to really make this Sanderling stand out. Taken at Sebastian Inlet State Park in Melbourne Beach, Florida. ~ 1/9/17 ~ 1/2000 sec at f/4.0 on Manual ~ ISO 100 ~ at 500 mm using a 500 mm f/4 on a NIKON D4S #sanderling #bird #wildlife #nature #floridawildlife #shorebird #peep #winter #beach #coastline #ocean
- its_audreys_diarySo lovely picture 😍😍😍👍👍👌 excellent photo 😍😍👏👏👏
- adambrooker77That's a cracker! Great light and composition!
- sdrshnptlIs this same bird from pixar ahort movie "Piper"?
- rayhennessy@sdrshnptl it could be.
- rayhennessy@its_audreys_diary @adambrooker77 @sulaiman_alnabi thanks for the comments.
- immichellegoldSo sweet!
- pandognitolove it
- brookephotography444amazing photo!
Log in to like or comment.