lemonandtheseaI thought that by working with anyone who was willing to pay me would help me build my business, but it just made it harder for me to find what I do best.⠀
My first client - who I am forever grateful for - was also the first time I compromised on my packages and it's been difficult to get back to sticking to how I work best. She came to me for branding, but we ended up only working on a logo design because of her budget. While that was fine at the time, it set me up to believe that I wouldn't be able to sell larger packages because people couldn't afford them.⠀
That meant that every time I quoted a project, I would second guess every detail and talk myself into charging less even though I knew my services were valuable.⠀
However, by taking on A La Carte projects, I was able to work with a variety of clients and learn who I worked best with and how I could best serve them.
- lemonandthesea#lemonandthesea #beingboss #everysquareastory #creativelifehappylife #savvybusinessowner #girlboss #lessworkmorelife #creativeentrepreneur #solopreneur #calledtobecreative #hustlewithease #livecolorfully #pursuepretty #thatsdarling #theeverygirl #dreamersanddoers #risingtidesociety #daringgreatly #workanywhere #herestothecreatives #makeithappen #branddesign #branddesigner #websitedesign #websitedesigner #squarespacedesigner #squarespacewebsitedesign
- beckymollenkampYes! It's hard to say no to work but it's best to stick to clients that represent exactly what you want to be doing and how you want to do it!
- amberprussephotographyIt's awesome that you've been able to find a system that works for you!
- shannon_westmeyer_jewelryI couldn't agree more with @beckymollenkamp, even though I'm a jewelry biz I'm often asked to compromise on certain design elements that I know won't look aesthetically correct, it's hard to say no but sometimes necessary!
- lauraweldyI resonate so much with this!
Log in to like or comment.