- steph_dontbuyherflowersTwo years ago, we received an email saying 'Buster Douglas has no school place at this time'. After screaming at Doug that he must have cocked up the forms, we found out that yes we actually had no school place at all. It was pretty grim, and all the 'we got in' posts on Facebook and Instagram were hard going (especially as I'm afraid they come across as smug when you're in a situation of having no place and unless they've moved house or feigned religion - which we weren't willing or able to do - they've done no more than you to get that place, it's just luck some years). However, it has all worked out, Buster's school is amazing, there was no question that we'd be sending Mabe there too. So good luck everyone, and don't panic - there's a long time between now and September. And would you look at how big my babies are?! 😭💔 .
#school #schooladmissions #kids
- littleladiesbigworldIt does feel like such a big deal doesn't it and of course it's so emotional but it mostly all can be worked out. Glad it did for you x
- lauratreach@mellyminks eeek
- makealongstoryshortI remember that nightmare - you dealt with it amazingly. So glad he's doing well now 😊 xx
- birdyandpearlDid you have to go private though? Buster's uniform looks a bit snazz for the state system?
- wildfireteepeesAh what a nice post - the anxiety levels are HIGH 😬🙌🏼😘
- mrsfinn13Our system works slightly different in Scotland but my youngest never got placement at same school as his 2 brothers and when my oldest went to high school I had 3 different school runs each day 😢🙈 @steph_dontbuyherflowers
- scuberz87I can't believe they would/could say he had no place?! How upsetting and stressful that must have been for you xx
- midwifehorne👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 well said @steph_dontbuyherflowers xxx
- mrsemilyjeanThank you for this. We heard we didn't get into any of our three choices...and have been allocated a school in special measures so we are hoping A LOT can happen from now till September....😕
- lucywhittxAgree with the smug posts, give your kid a high five and start look at new back packs or something not post all over social media. This is the second year running we've been in Cornwall to find out if our daughters got a place, seems to bring us good luck! Glad it all worked out in't end x
- my_minis_and_meFab post!
- yummy.s_So glad it all worked out for you in the end. Buster certainly looks like a very happy school boy in this picture 💛💛
- that_mummy_smileWell said sweets xxx
- rachersdfYay! Looking like we have no place either but I have your words in my head and I'm calm. Thanks sister @steph_dontbuyherflowers xxx
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@rachersdf oh lawks - hope it gets sorted asap mange tout. Breeeeathe x
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@mrsemilyjean everything moves lots - fingers crossed for you xx
- rachersdfPiper doooon it surely will gorge! I'm not even stressed - is that bad? I'm more stressed we haven't met up for a pub lunch, gin and hang out! When when @steph_dontbuyherflowers??? Kisses to you all. Xxx
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@rachersdf good girl - it's so easy to get caught up in it and there's actually not a lot you can do so wasted energy! Now then, yes let's get together! X
- rachersdfWell exactement mange tout! Yes yes - we're sooooooo close now. Mums go wild night a la epileptic (can I say that on here?) dancing from my hen do? @steph_dontbuyherflowers
- terifgibson@mother_pukka have you seen this 😁😘