sassylisalisterThis is an ad from 1970.
It calls our period 'monthly bad days' and a 'vicious circle of pain and depression' that NEEDS to be medicated.
I get that it probably feels like that for a lot of women, but when we get to know our ENTIRE menstrual cycle as a lady code that once cracked, unlocks super powers that can help create a bloody brilliant life, we realise that ads like this were just another way of making us believe we were broken and need fixing.
FYI: its society that's broken, NOT you.
#periods #menstrualcycle #menstruation #period #loveyourladylandscape #coderedthebook #shepower #loveyourcycle #shareyourcycle
- sassylisalister@fatcatsbiggafish hey ladylove, don't be ashamed. It's not your fault, we've all been indoctrinated by advertising like this, but the good news is we're waking up, Code Red is deffo the place to start! Then love your lady landscape...
- missfield999@fatcatsbiggafish I'd really recommend coming off the pill if you wanna get more in touch with yourself (and that's a viable option for you) Start keeping note of your cycle including if you get ovulstion symptoms and you'll soon feel much better.
- womanologyThis made me cry from anger. I'm songlad women are reclaiming their bodies.
- annabsextonNope my monthly cycle is a glorious sign my body is working it's amazing magic... yes I get cramps, niggles yet over achingly it's a joy to be a woman and be in sync or notice when things are out of sync... crap 70's big pharma
- momojojenathankful things are changing!
- lizblakeTruth! 🔻👊🏻🔻
- jannawellanderSo much YES to what you write!! So much no to this advert... ❤️🤘
- julianakarReading Code Red right now after reading Love your Lady Landscape! I guess I started backwards but I'm loving it! I can't thank you enough for your words and wisdom. I can't believe how scared they must be of our own power! ❤️💥
- fatcatsbiggafish@sassylisalister I'm definitely awakening, I'll admit to being a bit scared but also excited. I've been going through a ton of changes over the last year, this will be another log on the fire of this Burning Woman...I mean that in a positive way...we've taken that back right?! 😆🔥🙏 Code Red is on its way!
- fatcatsbiggafish@missfield999 That's the plan...it feels like the next, natural step. I genuinely appreciate your input. 🙏
- missfield999@fatcatsbiggafish i actually came off hormonal methods for health reasons at the time and I honestly don't think I'll ever go back. I'm so in tune with my body now!
- liannedeehickmanI'm on day two, and I'm bleeding HEAVILY, my belly, pussy and thighs are all throbbing. I know it's all a little more throbby than usual because I haven't been able to slow down, and she's going to need a bit more attention due to my neglect. I remember when I used to think of this as 'pain' but now I welcome it, even when it's exhausting and uncomfortable; it makes me feel real, connected to me, to she, to the earth. I can't believe I ever reached for the anadin. Now I feel, listen, learn. Thanks to people like you, women everywhere are waking up to their power and innate bloody wisdom. You can tell I'm Day two, I'm all over the top and gushy. This could have gone completely the other way, with a big rant about how f@*ked up society is (I've been feeling all those deep feels the last few days), I'm glad it didn't. I love you @sassylisalister and I hope we get to cuddle soon! Xxx
- mellyo225This is hilarious
Log in to like or comment.