charltaylorI'm sat here on our kitchen sofa, I've got a coffee balanced on my lap and I'm watching a little girl eat banana, blueberries and crumpet. She is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. And she is going to be one on Friday. Tomorrow is actually the anniversary of her due date. And it's a very emotional week for her mama. I know that soon I'm going to be reminded of what happened a year ago today, tomorrow and the day she was born. And onwards. When I look at old photographs now, it seems like someone else's story, not ours. Did we really live through those days of NICU? Three hospitals? Fighting a tracheostomy? Asking for a second medical opinion? Proving we were fit to take her home. It doesn't seem like something we could have been capable of. And yet we found so many precious moments in those early days. The move from incubator to cot. The first proper cuddle. The first bath. The first smile. So much was achieved within hospital walls. I look at my baby now and I think now I really see how poorly she was. That's not the same baby surely? Her face has changed as her chin has grown out. My little PRS girl. I can't believe it has almost been a year since you speedily entered our world and changed it forever. But just know Daisy Nelle - we would do it all over again for you. We are so lucky to love you.
- toddlepassCongrats on the anniversary and what an incredible journey. You are such a strong mum (and family). Happy birthday for Friday Daisy Nelle you little trooper!
- emmaaw_xYour an amazing Mummy, and your family are so strong 💖
- lisacdixon💛🌼 oh Charlotte, you have all reached so many milestones, as a family in the last year. Remember, this week to be mindful of yourself. You carried her. You birthed her. You nurture her. There's still so many milestones, to reach and you will reach them, because you are a strong and beautiful family. Of course you are proud of your baby girl, but be proud of you, too. xoxo
- spams_mimiOh Charlotte this is wonderful, I'm tearing up for you! Your baby girl has achieved so much, both in and out of hospital. She's had so many experiences and so much has happened to her tiny body, yet she always pulls through. Little Daisy Nelle is a fighter, just like her mummy. Enjoy this week and hope she gets spoiled on Friday!! 💛💛💛
- chenyakaYou are such an inspiration, amazing mother and I am so very proud of you and your strong family ❤
- hart_at_homeReading that made me cry, with happiness for you and your beautiful family. Xxx
- littlejampotlifeSo amazing, my littlest was one on Saturday! So bittersweet xx
- beewowI think I've got something in my eye
- aweebitofcakeIt's been one crazy year but you got through it and rounded it off with a wonderful trip of a lifetime. Hope Daisy has a wonderful birthday this week and you are ok xx
- avajuneandmommytooShe (and you guys) have come so far already! What a year it's been and what a blessing Daisy is. Happy early birthday Daisy from me and Ava!!! 🎈 🎉 🎁
- maceysprsjourneySuch a tough time and when times were hard seeing how Daisy has flourished made us realise we would get through it too 😘 xx
- ellese1215I watched your labour/birth video a few weeks back and sobbed my heart out! Your an amazing mama... every story has its own pages, it WAS a difficult time and youve all pushed on and come through the other end as strong as ever! I cry at every celebration of my babies and there nearly 5 and 2, its normal 😆 let yourself cry, youve done something amazing and brought a beautiful little girl into the world! 💓💓💓💓
- mrs_awarburtonSending you huge hugs darling, you have both come so far and are doing amazingly well. We had a difficult time with my son after he was born with a hole in his heart, and I still struggle with it. I'm here if you want to talk lovely, you're not alone 😘 look after yourself this week beautiful xxx
- nellewardShe's just gorgeous and your posts provide real comfort in preparing me for the months my little sausage has got ahead. Happy (nearly) first birthday Daisy Nelle 🎈💕
- mummadea_fitjourneyAw god this made me cry! So many hugs to you. What an amazing job you and mark did, and still do! You're a super mumma that's for sure 💕
- mamareidwritesAll of the tears😭😭😭 she's a beauty & will have a wonderful birthday soon 💗
Log in to like or comment.