eatfeelfreshHave you ever found yourself at the bottom of an almond butter jar, scraping out the sides like it was the last food left on planet Earth then suddenly think “What the hell just happened? I bought that jar three days ago.” I speak from a place of experience. As a self-professed nut-butter addict (give me fats or give me death), I always felt guilty about why I could exhibit a sense of control around every other food except nut (and seed) butters. Like seriously? Why are ground up nuts so addicting?! Through Instagram, I learned I was not the only one whose blood was actually almond butter.
I decided to do some research about WHY this sticky-sweet concoction was so universally craved by nearly everyone who crossed it’s path (show me someone that doesn’t like almond, peanut, sunflower seed or coconut butter and you’re showing me a crazy person.)
Turns out, our brain WANTS us eating this stuff! The big man up there is made up of 70% fat and needs it as a constant source for fuel. That’s why when we get a little taste of the creamy stuff our brain says “Oh hold up. That shit’s nice.. I need more of dat.” (in that exact voice.. at least my brain.) Instead of being mad at our brain for tricking us into thinking a jar of tahini was totally necessary for that salad, we should actually thank it. You see, our brain has our back. It knows that healthy fats (such as nuts, seeds and plant-based oils), contain lots of good stuff—omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids (which are essential to life) and vitamins A, E and K (which are essential for energy).
Fats get your juices flowing- by that, I mean they help your body produce hormones so you can get freaky on the dance floor (and have babies, a balanced thyroid and metabolism.) Fats hold you together. They are literally the glue that holds the body in-place by strengthening cell membranes and protecting myelin sheaths that surround your nerve endings.
So basically nut-butter is the glue that holds your body together, which is why you can’t stop eating it (ain’t no shame!)
You see, it all stems down to evolution (like dating, psychology, beauty and everything else in life.) >>>READ THE REST AT eatfeelfresh.com --> link in bio 🌟
- patriciafit1That's me. Great post!!
- greygreenblackThank you nut and seed butters! 🙌🏻😋
- _comfortkYess I love this!! I'm addicted to almond butter
- bulletproofstevenThis popped up in my feed while I was 2 fingers deep in some almond butter. No joke 😩 lol thanks for sharing!!
- in.the.raGreat read, and great content! I definitely can relate 🤤
- iamer1kVery informative Sahara;) really never thought it this way 😉
- justinelouise87Love how you explained this xx
- nilooktbGlue me up with some nut buttter 😄👌🏻
- deva_veeLol literally thought to myself today, "Damn, do I eat too much nut butter?? 🤔 Nahhh! Thanks for clarifying lol
- sunnysidehanneGreat post. Thank you. My internal voice talks in just that way as well when I dive into a jar of nut butter. Yesterday I was eating a handful of almonds with one hand while I finished off a spoonful of peanut butter with the other.
- thewitcherycraftsLove it!
- xxcaramell_I've already eaten whole nuts butter jar for 2 days. So now I think it was even good for me😂 I can't stop eating this! I love it 💘
- rawfoods_nutritionistSpot on, I've been saying this for years. We need more fats
- leefromamericathis is so damn true, and so well written! now, if we could only teach our brains to stop craving sugar....
- eatfeelfresh@leefromamerica fo real doe! 💙
Log in to like or comment.