intrepidguideThis is Bo-Kaap, one of the oldest and the most fascinating residential areas in the South African city of Cape Town and famous for its brightly colored homes that date back to the 18th century.
These colourful houses is a recent innovation that celebrates the district's Muslim identity. In earlier days, all the houses of Cape Town were painted white. Then the residents of Bo-Kaap began painting their houses in vivid colors in preparation for the celebration of Eid, marking the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Neighbours would often agree on what colors to use so as not to have a clash of shades. #bokaap #wowsouthafrica #capetown #mylifemytrip
- shuvaseeshdasLocation and the human in this picture both are beautiful ;-)
- offthegrid.photographyThis is terrific
- intrepidguide@visitsouthafrica_uk thank you so much ❤
- b.creativeeAwesome 👍✨
- happy_pitanYou will light up my day when I see you in the morning. 😃💕💕 OK now I will kick off the day!!
- sibo_coGreat short 💙
- yintrospectionLooooove that purple!
- howcanitbesobeautifulFollow me👍👍
- vstromloveNice Shot 😍😍😍😍
- kattzziiI love THE Color
- danijela.klepicBeautiful, what cind off life you gays living , wooow?
- facilitatripj'aime ;-)
- gedonthemoveCan't wait to see them in person 😍
- intrepidguide@gedonthemove it's really gorgeous. You'll love it. Just keep your wits about you. I've heard it's not the safest area but I didn't have any issues
- gedonthemoveThanks that's good advice for traveling anywhere really 🙌
- mpalazoglu74👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
Log in to like or comment.