- torontocatrescuMeet Smidgen... Smidgen is a 7 year old chatterbox with a story that may tug on your heartstrings.
She was extremely loved by a couple who unfortunately have been moved into assisted living. She had nowhere to go and was going to be euthanized before TCR and a wonderful foster stepped in!
Her foster mom says 'It broke my heart to hear the story, however seeing all her records meticulously organized along with a photo, a beautiful handwritten thank you from their pet sitter and her favourite basket with all her toys let me know she was SO loved! I hope we can work together to find Smidgen a loving home!' If you think your family is right for Smidgen's chance at forever please contact TCR!
- ramblingcatlady@allikwong 😭
- baxter_chibiWhat a sweetheart 💗
- ladykoalabearNice cat!!
- fancycat1954Poor kitty sounds so sad.😢 💔 This awful situation happens all the time! 😠 There must be something that can done to prevent it. There should be some sort of way to make proper arrangements for your pets, for whenever you are no longer able to care for them.
- fancycat1954I always wonder what would happen if you were (heaven forbid) found dead in your home. What happens to your pets? What will the authorities do? Could you leave instructions on your microchip information?
- ashbarreyDoes she get along with other cats?
- drvanskiSo sad.
- purrkitties@fancycat1954 They have to notify your next of kin, who would be responsible for that decision if pet care is not specified in your will. A will is the responsible thing to do, none of us are guaranteed to outlive our pets!
- torontocatrescu@ashbarrey I will find out for you!💗
- torontocatrescu@fancycat1954 Sorry I meant to reply from TCR's account🤦🏻♀️
- fancycat1954@purrkitties The thing that concerns me about the will, is that by the time it is read, someone might have euthanized your pet!
- torontocatrescu@fancycat1954 That would be sad. But unlikely if you've told your next of kin and the person who inherits your pet your wishes. I wonder how many people do this.
- fancycat1954@torontocatrescu Older people are more likely to let someone know who gets their pet if they should suddenly die. Younger people may think it couldn't happen to them.
- torontocatrescu@ashbarrey We believe she has not lived with any other cats. Her foster home has three resident cats and Smidgen displays some fear of them, so she is living in her own private foster room (I believe), but she loves people!
- tinahassanniaShe is such a sweetie. I would like to adopt a second cat but my first kitty is a very submissive and easily scared male cat. He needs a female friend who would be laid back but still friendly. Do you think she might fit the bill?
- handysouthflLove this
- torontocatrescu@tinahassannia Your best bet would probably be to check out the bios of our available cats online, and speak to an adoption counsellor about the type of personality that would fit best with your boy.💙
- tinahassannia@torontocatrescu ok thank you!!! 😺