chicagoadhocLooking for some summer reading! Open to all and any genres-
- karinak18Any of the books by Robert Galbraith. The circle, the chemist
- elzbetmabreyLincoln in the Bardo!
- littleanna24Grand Hotel Abyss! Or 2666
- andreabresette@chicagoadhoc "a kind worth killing", "the husbands secret", "big little lies"
- awe_samDark matter (set in Chicago!)
- joelle.michaela"The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York"
- nathalyg23Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- p___32@chicagoadhoc the art of power - thich nhat hanh. Devil in the white city - Erik Larson. Me talk pretty one day - David sedaris
- ethan_s2artBoob suggestions
- forbiddenrootMEATY, or anything by @bitchesgottaeat
- chicagoadhoc@ethan_s2art that too
- annepalosHaha...i thought this said #boobsuggestions...hahahaha
- annepalosI got lots ofum...whatcha looking for?
- chicagoadhoc@annepalos hahHah
- chicagoadhoc@annepalos honestly anything new. I made a resolution to read more this year but I found that it's been so long that I've been out of college or to a book store I have no clue where to start! The first couple books I got were so boring I couldn't get into it
- take_my_effing_handPapillion, Devil in the white city, Middlesex, American Gods
- lerakristina"History of Wolves" - best new author I've read in years. I loved it. Took me a couple chapters to get into, but I couldn't put it down after that. Emily Fridlund's writing style is hauntingly beautiful.
- lerakristinaAlso, Vurt by Jeff Noon is a must-read, and William Gibson's trilogy Pattern Recognition, Spook Country, and Zero History. His new book The Peripheral is a good read, too, though I don't think *quite* as good as his others. Also, I'm super late to this party but enjoyed Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson recently, too. For a riveting east read, I just read Good As Gone by Amy Gentry in like 24 hours, and it was entertaining AF. Just starting Dark Matter by Blake Crouch.
- clarkefotoI loved "the end of the world running club" by Adrian J Walker. It's, well written, with humour and emotion. Give it a go 👍
Log in to like or comment.