kellyboneSalt and Pepper Calamari Mushrooms ($7) at @grainscafe. A dish, which in theory, appeals even to a mushroom/seafood hating person like me. I know... first DJ, now Grains! Just goes to show how well made dishes can overcome food phobias.
The theoretical issue arises from the inside. The battered, grid-scored, king trumpet mushrooms remain tough and chewy. Despite the textural difficulties, the relish of garlic, serrano pepper, and scallions with the sweet and spicy sauce alone are worthy of note. Once Grains can source or prepare a more tender mushroom, this dish is destine to be a menu darling.
#whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn#foodporn #cameraeatsfirst #feedthefeed #p2tv #forkyeah #veganfoodporn #plantbased #plantbasedfood #foodphotography #EatAllTheVeganThings #FeedFeedVegan #foodie_features
#VeganinSanDiego #KellyBoneSanDiego #youstayhungrysd #VeganSD
- fruitfullyaleayummy! 😍💕
- gwentzDamn how do I get in on these soft openings! Lol
- jedichaAhhh - all my fav delicious toppings ......
- xrayrunnerLove it!
- kellybone@gwentz It's open to all, but they are still calling it soft because they are constantly tinkering with the concept and menu
- kawaii38@b_dubslove Add to the list ✅
- ktkinoaklandYes! This is my exact problem with Millennium's arborio crusted mushrooms. They used to be a fabulous appetizer with an ethereal crunch and now that they've switched to King trumpet, they're chewy and tough. Not pleasant to eat at all.
- kellybone@ktkinoakland That's rough to hear. I know king trumpet mushrooms can be tender--@panchopalmera makes a trumpet mushroom that melts like butter on the tongue...
Log in to like or comment.