theuniqueclassroomHave you tried Text Coding with your students? My third graders need something uncomplicated, so I introduce just four codes to use while reading a complex text closely. As a prereading strategy, they map the text first. This insert in @timeforkids was a wonderful lesson on how companies use marketing techniques to entice us to buy their products! #creatingcriticalthinkers #andcriticalconsumers #timeforkids #textmapping #textcoding #closereading
- stephanie_asa@theuniqueclassroom cool! Where did you get that text for them to read? (Especially since it's in colour)
- theuniqueclassroom@stephanie_asa it came as an insert in Time for Kids magazine! 😊
- 5th_is_my_favoriteWe read this article earlier in the year. We had a long discussion on what caused them to buy things like shopkins, blind boxes, etc
- lindseymanlove@theuniqueclassroom, can you tell me about those four text codes you have your kids use? I'd like to pair mine down for next year!
- theuniqueclassroom@lindseymanlove yes, I created a bookmark for my students to use. The four codes can be anything you think is important for your students to think about as they read. I chose mine to most closely relate to the steps we take in close reading. All these resources are available in my TpT store (paid and free!)!
- thegirlrunsAwesome resource! I'm a third grade teacher based in Australia - any ideas @theuniqueclassroom how I can access this? I tried online but the site requires an American post code....
- theuniqueclassroom@thegirlruns are you referring to TpT's site? All of my resources are digital 😊👍🏻
- thegirlruns@theuniqueclassroom I already have your wonderful close reading pack and bookmarks! I was actually referring to the Time For Kids material!!! 😆
- theuniqueclassroom@thegirlruns oops! Sorry! 🙈 Yep, our school subscribes to TfK... but I would've thought it was available digitally! 🤔
- thegirlruns@theuniqueclassroom haha all good!!!! It looks like a great resource to have on board! 👌🏼
Log in to like or comment.