danielvitalisPetra Lentz-Snow has guided vision fasts and wilderness rite of passage programs for over 20 years and is currently serving as Co-Director and Board Member at the School of Lost Borders. A rite of passage is a ceremony or ritual that marks a transition into a new life stage. Some rites of passage occur naturally over the course of your life and others are brought about by crisis or a significant change in your life. The modern day renewal of rite of passage ceremonies, initiated by organizations like the School of Lost Borders, gives us the opportunity to intentionally step into our lives more fully and reclaim our indigenous soul.
In this episode, Petra gives us an in-depth look into the purpose and process of rites of passage, both naturally-occurring and intentionally sought out ceremonies, such as guided vision fasts. She takes us through the many different types of rites of passage, discusses why crisis is crucial for growth and shares about the role of the natural world in rite of passage. Enjoy, and be prepared to soak up Petra's deep, healing wisdom throughout this conversation.
Link in profile!
- jsaggrieved@danielvitalis for real... it was like a sermon preaching to my soul. Very inspiring to me that there's people out there who feel the same. It's a lonely place sometimes but heating people like yourself and Petra keep me morivated.
- crii.living.skills@danielvitalis she is! Really nice interview aswell on your part! ...all good, looking forward!
- _wildawake_@danielvitalis yeah, this really struck a cord somehow. There is a deep wisdom to her words. But also something I can't quite identify. Maybe my own need to do something like that. I just found myself listening and getting really emotional on a deep level. Strangely powerful. I'm also german born, and I don't often listen to other Germans thinking: wow I wanna sound like that. Haha. Well done, great interview
- ranimal__This interview was incredible and really drove home and hit me in my soul. I really needed to hear this, I'm in the midst of a transition in my life and this anchored for me. Thank you so much for providing such valuable information to the world. 🙏🏻
- suuzihazenLoved the episode as always. 🌈I'll probably listen to it a second time as I often do. 🙌🏻I truly identify as an "adult child" in some ways ... though I'm 37, married, mother of 2, business owner and taxpayer with heavy responsibilities, sometimes I just feel like a little girl and I want to run home to my mommy 😿or maybe that's just a normal reaction to modern life. 😜🤣😉Thanks again Daniel and Petra.🙏🏻
- gsp2040Hi Daniel you're are so awesome man. Is there a way in the future that you can interview "Paul Chek" I think you guys share similar views both extremely well-read. It would be an epic podcast for sure.
- miss.krautThis episode is absolutely amazing what deep, deep wisdom. It's my favourite so far I think, although I often say that after listening to your podcasts! Thanks for the incredible work that you do, listening to your podcast has changed my life for the better!
- danielvitalis@jsaggrieved well I'm glad to be a part of that for you... and you are not alone brother 👊🏽🔥
- email@example.com I've got a few more good ones in the queue
- danielvitalis@_wildawake_ sometimes it's a challenge doing an interview when I'm feeling like you just described. I have to keep myself on task!
- danielvitalis@ranimal__ you gonna sit on the land one day you think?
- danielvitalis@suuzihazen can... relate...
- danielvitalis@gsp2040 I'll look into that and thanks 👊🏽
- firstname.lastname@example.org that's a hefty compliment! Thank you!
- ranimal__@danielvitalis I'd like to one day in the future.
- _wildawake_@danielvitalis yeah that was audible. I can only imagine. I love Petra's pragmatism and grounded ness while her work clearly touches on the inner most spiritual aspect of our very essence. I'm going to see if I can get myself over yonder and visit the school of lost border. I have a burning desire to experience this. Have you done a rite of passage similar to what they offer?
- crii.living.skills@danielvitalis i bet you do!...really looking forward!!
- mkelsey86.......Every. Single. Emotion. I feel like I just woke up from a coma. Thank you so much for this episode. Wow. 🙌🏼🙏🏼❤
- wagendragonDaniel, 👏👏👏 I have a dear friend that has spent time with Petra and I believe she sent you an email a couple weeks ago about doing this exact podcast. Props. Inspired me to register for an upcoming. It's time for a bit of me to die to move forward. The perfect segue. Much thanks as always.
Log in to like or comment.