afamuseum🎉Today is the 125th birthday of Henry Darger (1892–1973)! The American Folk Art Museum is home to the single largest public repository of works by Darger, many of which are now on view in “Betwixt and Between: Henry Darger’s Vivian Girls” at the @intuitartcenter in Chicago.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀. Not in Chicago? Enjoy our collection of Darger’s work online now by clicking the link in our profile. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Henry Darger (1892–1973), Untitled (“We will slam them with our wings”) (double-sided), Chicago, mid-twentieth century, watercolor, pencil, carbon tracing, and collage on pieced paper, 24 × 106 1/2 in., museum purchase with funds generously provided by John and Margaret Robson © Kiyoko Lerner, 2004.1.3A. Photo by James Prinz.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #HenryDarger #FolkArtMuseum #painting #watercolor
- chrisdkline@hricksuave 🤔
- diviningrod@pmcgowenart @pkld4life
- skallakindwhile you're in NYC.... @rufeus 😊
- skallakind(K I didnt read down to the point where it said Darger's work is now in Chicago! But this little folk museum is great anyway! @rufeus ) 😁
- rufeusThanks @skallakind
- naturalplasticitywonderful inspiration today☀️
- rouyas@afamuseum when will Darger come back to NYC?
Log in to like or comment.