lesleyannemurphyDay 1 post op. Oouuuchh. My mom took this photo when I first arrived to my hospital room after surgery. It was hard to breathe. My chest was super tight and still is. There are so many tubes hooked up to me and lots of beeping noises. My boobs are gone. Crazy, right? Gone. It's hard to wrap my head around. My doctors and nurses come by all the time to check on my vitals and give me pills to ease the pain. I really love the people here. Everyone is SO nice at @uamshealth. The staff and level of care is topnotch. There is a chance I could go home tonight, but truth be told, I'm not so sure I want to! The grilled cheese and coconut chocolate cake make me happy. Moving hurts. I tried getting out of bed for the first time about an hour ago. I don't want to do it again but know I have to. I finally caught a glimpse of my bare chest during a FaceTime call a couple of minutes ago. Whoa. It looks like I was in a bear fight and lost. Badly. The human body is truly amazing, though, and I will heal soon enough. I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from friends, family, followers and complete strangers. So so overwhelmed. You guys know how to make a bruised and weak woman feel on top of the world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart💗Your prayers, well wishes and good vibes are working🙏🏻 #LesNipBRCAintheBud #LesleysBreasties #FightLikeAGirl #BreastCancerAwareness
- shalu_koickal@skoickal 💕
- skoickal@shalu_koickal women are so strong 💕
- tiyani.nurdinFighting! 5 days ago I just had breast surgery but it's not cancer. It's just FAM. Please keep fighting together! 💖
- tanyakorostilThis image showed up in my 🔍 feed, and caught my eye because exactly 2 years ago today, after 8 weeks of chemo, my daughter, Ella Johnny Blue, endured a 14 hour hip replacement surgery and resection to remove the cancerous tumour, along with most of her femur and had a titanium prosthesis put in its place. She was bed ridden and immobile for 5.5 months and still had 5 months of chemo to go... she too is now cancer free, @lesleyannemurphy 🙌🏼 Sending you and your parents oceans of love, and a believing for a speedy, restorative healing process. #💙👊🏼🎗
- wendybvoiceover#warriorprincess 😃
- jenniferlkeeneYou are brave and strong. Your story will help others.
- presentsarYou are more than your boobs ! 💜☝️🌸
- digsowwatchthemgrowI'm almost 2 years on from my preventative mastectomy and have had successful reconstruction and no regrets. Sending you love and well wishes and have the utmost respect to you and other women for your brave decisions in cancer prevention. 💜
- sassysue1013God bless you ! Sending healing prayers 🙏🏻
- seresimplyPraying for you <3 <3
- luftnellWith you gal pal. Your very brave, know that you have empowered yourself by this decision. I too made the choice and 14 years later have never regretted it once nor do my kids. Good luck to your strong, beautiful future.
- email@example.com our girl 💔😩😧 glad she's okay tho!
- thevoiceforlibertyI can imagine this is a hard time for you. To miss a very female thing. Keep in mind your soul is you, not your body. And you will stay beautiful. Wish you lot's of love and healing power! 😘
- esther_smilez@jesslaurene 😭❤️
- esther_smilezThank you for your openness and vulnerability about something that is very private, sensitive and etc. I will know 50% of what you felt on May 16th. Praying for a speedy recovery for you. Breast cancer ain't got nothing on us! 😊😉💪🏻💪🏻 #breastcancerawareness
Log in to like or comment.