If you asked your child what a bedtime story was, what would they say? I'm hoping they would know what it was and that books are a part of their lives. A few years back I was talking about bedtime stories to one of my classes and a little boy raised his hand and asked me what a bedtime story was. I was shocked and heartbroken 😢, I mean can you even imagine? It made me realise what an important role I had as his teacher, bringing him stories every day while he was in my care. Last week I told you about the new scheme from the @PremierLeague but I wanted to reiterate that it is not just about sport, it is so much more! Schools that sign up will receive a box of 📚 and access to some pretty amazing resources. Your child might have access to a wealth of resources at home but there will be a little girl or boy in their class who won't - so please nominate your school or talk to them about the #PLPrimaryStars scheme. Let's get the whole country signed up!! This is an #ad but as you can tell I am passionate about this subject so please help spread the word! Thank you! For more details pop over to the blog, I'll leave the link up top. 😘
- readcreateloveWhat an amazing role teachers have! I admire teachers greatly! 💕
- carol_cameleonOh my days, when you take bedtime stories (or indeed anytime stories) for granted, thats so sad! As we know, literacy lays the groundwork for so many other areas of development...
- the_dadventurerBig book readers here too
- thisenchantedpixieWe're HUGE book lovers on my house!
- carlartoatsblogWe have a fully stocked bookcase here. So important for the kids x
- laura_babykicksThanks for joining us at #rememberingthesedays
- mini_travellersOh we love the bfg
- bexmortsBFG one of my favs when I was a child. My boy has only just got into bedtime books but he loves them xx
- twoheartsoneroofCan't wait to read Dahl to little dude
- justsayingmumOh how sad that is. Poor love! Bedtime reading was a big thing for us when mine were small and I still encourage them to read on their own before bed!
- mummalumma01@whatkatysaiduk I think this is such a great idea. I love bedtime stories with Charlie and he can't go to bed without one. I love that he enjoys books that I remember as a child too
- mollyedwards2706The bug was my favourite book as a child! My mum used to read it too me all the time before I could read it by myself and then I back to backed it again! ❤ hope you and the girls are enjoying it! Xx
- lifewithmuncherOh gosh...weep not knowing a bedtime story 😣 xx
- yorkshiretotsThe BFG is our favourite!
- lessrefinedmind💗 Pixie loves the classic film already!
- totsandtantrumsWe love bedtime stories! The Gruffalo is a firm favourite x
- leanmeanmommaThat's very cute!!!
- spanishmummyMy two always have bed time stories
- mudpiefridaysWe have always had bedtime stories feel so sorry for the little one xx
- mammasoutnumberedThey're 11 and 10 and we still read together before bed (too grown up to call it a bedtime story, though!). The stories are getting better and better: The Call of the Wild, White Fang, To Kill a Mockingbird (2x), The Great Gilly Hopkins, and currently The Eagle of the Ninth.
Log in to like or comment.