thomstewartOn Sunday morning I drove to Canberra for Em + Bryn’s wedding. Just before I arrived at the venue I stopped to get some food; on my way out of the carpark I passed two ladies looking dejected and worried next to their car. Turns out they had one very flat tyre, no idea how to change it, and one of them had a flight to catch. I offered some help, and they accepted. As I quickly changed the tyre, they asked about my day; ‘I’m on my way to photograph a wedding’, I told them. They were very nice, very apologetic to take my time - I told them I truly didn’t mind.
15 minutes later they were ready to go and very, very grateful; I was very happy that I’d just helped some lovely people with a potentially major hassle. A small part of me wondered how the rest of my day would play out, and if the universe would somehow repay me for this small good deed (not that I ever expect a repayment, but I find sometimes this does happen). It pretty much rained that entire afternoon. We had decided to head out for some portraits after the lunchtime reception had finished (so, at 5pm). I watched the sky the whole afternoon, wondering if the rain would back off, hoping.
I kid you not, at 4:45pm, the rain stopped, the sun dropped out from behind the low clouds, and absolutely blasted us with some of the most incredible light I’ve ever seen, while the skies in the distance stayed darker than Mordor. It was as close to light-perfection as I’ve ever seen, and I was stoked to share it with these two lovely people.
And in the back my mind while I was shooting, I silently thanked the universe for repaying that little good deed I’d done earlier in the day :)
#lanyonhomestead #lanyonhonesteadwedding #canberrawedding #canberraweddingphotographer
- rebecca.dannOh man! Now I want to get married in Lanyon!
- email@example.com it is SO amazing! But so is your venue 😍
- katherinewilsonphotographyAmazing light @thomstewart but also fab pic 🙌🏻
- valerierosenphotographyBreathtaking image, Thom!
- sydneymarriagecelebrantYou're a good person and a freakin' awesome photographer.
- michaelalecCloud noir?! Amazing work @thomstewart !!
- ashquinnmakeupAmazing story, amazing shot!
- ilwbwChuckabumba - das ist gut! 😁
- thefoxandthefawnphotographyYour work is so inspiring ! Absolutely love this 😍
Log in to like or comment.