diy_wardrobeUnpicking the neckband on this @seamworkmag #astoriasweater to make it shorter. Hope I don't stick my unpicker through this super soft flecked sweatshirting.
- sewrendipityI had the same problem! I've shortened it to the smallest size and giving it another go tonight!
- sharon_delightedGorgeous fabric. How do you make it smaller?
- needleswiftAh that's interesting - this is on my soon-to-sew list and I have noticed some 'stick up' collars! I often draft my own neckline for knits like this. I measure the neckline and take off 10% to get the band measurement. Never let me down yet!
- diy_wardrobe@sewrendipity That should be great. It's funny - it's such a popular pattern but I haven't yet seen anyone making the neckband bigger.
- diy_wardrobe@sharon_delighted I'm just going to trim 1-2cm off the length of the neckband pattern piece and re-cut it. Hopefully it should then lie flat rather than standing to attention 👍
- sewrendipity@needleswift that's definitely one of my preferred methods too.
- diy_wardrobe@needleswift Yours will be perfect first time, I'm sure.
- melaniesewsI use scissors when unpicking stretch fabric, I find you're less likely to over stretch the fabric that way too.
- diy_wardrobe@melaniesews Good idea – thank you
Log in to like or comment.