eatspinrunrpt🚧Warning: long post alert!🚧 ~
Life is full of setbacks. About 4 weeks ago, I strained my neck (gym injury... #standard) which had me out of commission, unable to lift anything above my shoulders, tilt my head back, or make it through the day without taking tylenol. I woke up with headaches daily, and it was like being hungover AF for 3 weeks. Not fun. 😩
Thankfully, a combo of chiro, acupuncture, massage and good old-fashioned rest + patience has got me feeling almost 100% back to normal - maybe even better! I haven't been my best self lately, and I'm so thankful for all the people in my life who have put up with my grumbles over the past month. ~
In the thick of it all, I was so busy ruminating on the thought that all the progress I've made at Crossfit was gone, and that I was going to have to start back from the very beginning. There's been so much awesome stuff happening in my life but I've been so stuck in this injured "I can't" mindset that I haven't fully allowed myself to enjoy it all. Unfortunately, my daily meditation practice also slipped - probably during a time when I needed it most.
Lesson learned: It's so easy to let the seemingly little things fall by the wayside during life's rough patches. Hopefully the next rough patch is a long ways away, but this has been a solid reminder that it's not so much what's happening in my mind during a meditation session. It's how it impacts the after.
- keenonesI hope you are feeling better! Love this! Twining with the tank! 👯💗
- cottercrunchFeel better friend!
- enduredaveJust run. And feel better. 😜
- eatspinrunrpt@keenones aww snap!! Did you get the namaste one too? 👯
- eatspinrunrpt@cottercrunch @enduredave thanks guys! Feeling a million times better now. Patience isn't something I'm very good at but I've had plenty of practice lately! 😜
- wildcoasttalesOh can I ever relate to this! I've been injured for 4 months and am finally getting back to running. I never imagined how tough mentally/emotionally it would be - definitely a huge mindset challenge/shift. Realizing I was wasting time just waiting around for things to heal definitely helped lift my spirits!
- ninzbI love that shirt!! And you. And the honesty of this post. 😘
- keenones@eatspinrunrpt no I didn't. I couldn't get past how it's spelled backwards. 😂
- thisistracysullivanGlad things are on the mend 🤘🏻🙏🏻
- eatspinrunrpt@wildcoasttales oh I hear ya, girl!! So sorry you've been injured too. (On the plus side, at least the spring running weather has been very slow to arrive so you're not missing much!!) Wishing you speedy recovery and hopefully it's not long now till you're feeling good again. 😘
- eatspinrunrpt@ninzb 💕💕💕 and I miss you! We need another tea date soon.
- eatspinrunrpt@keenones me too!!! Whyyyyyyyy!? 🤔🤔🤔
- eatspinrunrpt@thisistracysullivan thanks Trace! Hope you're doing well!
- citymeetscountry2So sorry to hear about your injury ☹️ Glad you are feeling better 😀
Log in to like or comment.