heads_togetherThe Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will cheer on runners at this year's London Marathon to help raise awareness about mental health. All 39,000 runners will also be given a #headstogether campaign headband to help make it the Mental Health Marathon. Headbands will start appearing on buildings and online to shine a light on mental health & look out for more announcements this week. #headstogether #teamheadstogether #mentalhealth #londonmarathon #oktosay
- italia.samI admire and applaud the #headstogether initiative. I make a point of telling people about my #mentalhealth challenges, as some people then open up to me about their silent and lonely struggles with similar issues. On some occasions, I've been the first person they've ever told about their #mentalhealth issues. #itsgoodtotalk #oktosay
- thelifeguidancementorThank you for bringing awareness to mental health xxx
- nickipridhamJust last night, i tried to speak to my husband about how I'm feeling. Prior to this I haven't voiced it. Afterwards, I have never felt more alone. This is a wonderful cause.
- clostar75I can't wait to run for a great cause. I lost my brother to suicide last October so this run will be very emotional and I know he'll be proud of me running it x
- kristinmichelleI do hope the younger Royals, are in touch with late Singer George Michael's family about depression. He was well loved by Princess Diana and as George was to. It would be a lovely gesture and let everyone know, rich or poor, Mental Health happens to almost everyone in their lives.
- inthe_kinGood luck to everyone running 💙💙💙💙
- iunderstand_lovehealsAmazing 💕
- louisarunsLook at my family @isobelamyy
- firstname.lastname@example.org ah this is so wonderful I'm definitely wearing mine! 😁
- mj.lira0Thank you so much. You are saving lives.
- the_skippingstoneI love this initiative and so glad to see mental health in focus and people getting involved. I just wanted to highlight that it seems that some mental health issues seem to gain people's consideration and support in favour of others but I would like to highlight Narcissistic Personality Disorder. People who have it tend to be emotionally abusive and manipulative, they have a mechanism of acting superior and not listening, criticising a lot and holding themselves in high regard.
It is a disorder which manifests aggressively compared to others and I have seen a lot on social media and beyond narcissists being made fun of and hated for their actions. Of course, there is nothing causing harm to somebody else however it is wrong to stigmatise people who are ill and attack them with the same kind of behaviour they are adopting due to their illness. Regardless of how it is manifested, an illness is an illness and needs to be taken seriously and treated and society needs to be educated in this spirit. A narcissist struggles with rejection massively reason why he / she is developing a coping mechanism.
Receiving extra hate and being more rejected because he / she is a narcissist makes the problem worse.
A dialogue about how we mistreat and abuse people with mental illness and how the approach differs from one illness to another is a conversation that needs to be had. Thank you for the work you do.
Log in to like or comment.