_andy_gibb_A view of Mt Harvey and its sheer north face, the site of a heartbreaking tragedy this past weekend where 5 snowshoers died when a cornice collapsed beneath them. My thoughts go out to their families and friends, especially to the surviving member of that group. I've often wondered about tackling Mt Harvey in the winter, but I've always had those cornices (and my relative inexperience in winter backcountry travel) at the back of my mind, which has always led me to leave it for another day. #mountainmonday #mountharvey #mtharvey #howesound #hsct #brunswickmountain #cypressprovincialpark #bcparks #explorebc #beautifulbritishcolumbia #beautifulbc
- vancouvertrailsA terrible tragedy.
- liveloveruntravelSo sad.
- happy_trails44I've also thought about doing this one. Recently actually. Winter can be very tricky with all it's hidden dangers. But...so attractive. Very sad turn of events.
- cloudpoppies11Very sad
- ashleygosalThis is great! 🙌
- _andy_gibb_@liveloveruntravel @cloudpoppies11 @vancouvertrails Definitely - with 5 fatalities, I think it must be one of the worst accidents on record :-(
- _andy_gibb_@happy_trails44 too true - the photos I've seen of the cornices are quite beautiful, and it's a sight I would like to see for myself, but it's a matter of waiting for the right time and that right time hasn't happened for me yet
Log in to like or comment.