ourtarotOkay, I can't really pick a favorite card from #OurTarot because I put so much love into creating each one, but if I HAD to choose, Temple Grandin as the #Magician might be it. Dr. Grandson is the perfect example of a magician archetype. She has not only adapted her own way of being and existing in the world as an autistic person, but she's also used her unique talents to help other people understand the minds of other species on this earth. Temple Grandin brings together entire worlds that exist within this one. 🔮🔮🔮(more about Our Tarot deck + pre-ordering via the link in my bio)
#templegrandin #womeninhistory #womeninstem #autism #spectrum #tarot #tarotreadersofinstagram #artistsoninstagram #witch #witchesofinstagram #lawofattraction #spiritjunkie #girlboss #bitchcraft
- mgtomdLove this
- singularityceoLove this
- malannapOof. It's your vision and your deck (which I'll continue to support regardless of this), but I felt like I needed to share that I'm troubled by this. I admire what Temple Grandin has done for awareness and understanding of autism, but a lot of the work she's done on understanding how animals think has been used to design more efficient ways of killing them. That's not something I can celebrate.
- audreysamoneLove myself some Temple! Full of wisdom that woman.
- audreysamoneAnd all her fabulous shirts!
- ourtarot@malannap yep, I understand. I think/hope her work with animals will be an important stepping stone on the larger trajectory of human history, a trajectory during which our treatment of animals changes drastically. The differing opinions/feelings each of the women bring up for individuals reading with the deck, I'm hoping, will be part of the experience. Just like with the Tarot, there are negative aspects to each card. This one is no exception.
- malannap@ourtarot You raise a good point there—with many of the other cards their negative aspects are ones I'm more comfortable dealing with, or at least are outweighed by their positives, at least for me. But I can see why having a card I'm actively uncomfortable with might still be useful.
- malannap(whoops, hit enter too soon!) Also, thanks for the thoughtful reply. Because I admire and support this project a lot I originally wasn't going to comment (if you can't say something nice, etc), but found myself continuing to think about it and feel uneasy. I'm glad I did, because just knowing my concerns were heard has resolved a lot of that unease for me. <3
- ourtarot@malannap super glad to have your support and to hear your POV! Thank you for commenting.
- queenofwandstarotOmg.wow. yes
- numerology101Amazing absolutely 👍
- crownfullofstarsWhat an amazing honor. It means so much to include neurodiverse people in this, really.
- miraalisiamOmg 😭😍 as a mama to two little boys on the spectrum and as an avid temple fan + tarot reader I cannot even explain how much I LOVE this. Her as the magician is seriously amazing. I am SOOO excited for this deck to be coming to life! Bring on October 😆😆 @ourtarot
Log in to like or comment.