thevisualyatraSunrise from Lansdowne.
The beautiful town of Lansdowne is situated at an elevation of 1780 m above sea level. It is in the south of Pauri en route Kotdwar and is surrounded by thick oak and blue pine forests offering great mountain views. It is a charming place for a quiet holiday as it is devoid of the usual hustle - bustle of other hill stations in Uttarakhand. Lansdowne was originally a popular hill station with the British.
Attracted by its healthy climate and natural beauty, they established a cantonment here. It was founded by the, then Viceroy Lord Lansdowne in 1887. Thus the place has been named after him. The famous Garhwal Rifles of the Indian Army has its command office here.
The climate of Lansdowne is characterized by cold winters and pleasant summers. Summers during March to June are pretty enjoyable in Lansdowne with pleasant climate. Winters during December to February are extremely cold with minimum temperature falls subzero level. Snowfalls throughout winters are a spectacular characteristic of Lansdowne.
Celebrations associated with Maha Shivaratri during February - March are very attractive and are conducted with much devotion and enthusiasm.
Best season to visit Lansdowne is from March to November!
Photographed and shared on Facebook by Bhupendra Kumar Verma #follow
Info source- Euttrakhand.com
Hashtag your pictures/videos with #Thevisualyatra or simply tag us @Thevisualyatra in your photos to get featured.
You can also mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- varunaswal07I love this place 😍
- muskan__91Speechless 🙈
- anubhavrajpalThanks for sharing the details! I am trekking person but my partner isn't so I am looking at this place as my next vacation. Can someone please tell how many days is ideal to spend there? I am looking to spend a day at Haridwar and Rishikesh and then 3 days at Lansdowne. Does it sound good?
- 1sid_arthNearest hillstation to Delhi. Beautiful and colourful trees makes this place more beautiful and soothing. I have visited this place thrice.
- delhi_india_clicksAbsolutely awesome!
- thevisualyatra@anubhavrajpal there is nothing much to do in Lansdowne. Give it max of 2days.
- anubhavrajpal@thevisualyatra thank you!
- anubhavrajpal@thevisualyatra any nearby place to explore along with it?
- intricate_in_tripodStunning photo!! :)
- jigishapatilOh wow... Beautiful view, top of the world feel...
- thetravelbanjaraWow 😮
- the_stylishdishThis is cool :)
- neeravroyofficialShahid kappor follows this page 😃😃
- backpacker_1997Beautiful.. 💛
Log in to like or comment.