graceclausEleven (11!) years ago, this beauty arrived in the mail. It was the most expensive thing I'd ever purchased. I called up @vaishampayana to help me set it up. Today, I'm clearing the hard drive and sending her off to be recycled. It's LONG overdue. (She's so ancient that none of the online forums had solutions for how to erase the data. I had to dig out the installation discs. Thank goodness I'm pack-ratty enough to have kept them!) But I'm grateful for her hard work for me through college and seminary, for holding my first photos from my first DSLR, playing me songs that made me lovesick, storing pages and pages of class notes, and only needing her battery replaced thrice. Thanks, MacBook. 💻💛
- hope_olson_I love this post! We listened to some good Coldplay off that machine. Chilling on your bed in your purple room.
- greensheepjoI just did this process with my mom's old iMac. I chose "military level" security--it erased that hard drive 8 times over and took all afternoon!
- graceclaus@hope_olson_ and Mi Swing Es Tropical!
- graceclaus@greensheepjo I wasn't that intense! I hope no one hacks into it...
- greensheepjo@graceclaus Mostly just wanted my momma to feel VERY comfortable getting rid of the old one ;)
- jumpinjanpriceI hope you got a new one!
- graceclaus@jumpinjanprice we got a desktop a few years ago, which has served that purpose!
Log in to like or comment.