smallmeasureMy home for the past 5 days. Mission hospital has now saved my life two times, first with Huxley's birth in October 2010, and again now, with Alistair's. Both times, I developed pre-eclampsia, a rare yet deeply serious condition that is life-threatening both to the mother and the baby. With Huxley, we were able to make it to 38 weeks, but things happened much earlier this time, requiring Alistair be delivered at 27 weeks, 5 days, to keep the pre-eclampsia, which was severe, from worsening to eclampsia, where seizures and internal bleeding occur. The team here, and my obstetrician Dr. Cuellar, caught things right in time. It's been a challenging recovery, and will continue to be, as Alistair has many days and nights of NICU care here ahead of him. All that said, I feel deep peace and infinite gratitude that we were exactly where we needed to be, and cared for by who we needed to be cared for, right when we needed to be. Life is funny, always throwing you curveballs. It's how we chose to dodge and navigate them that allows us to thrive or perish. I choose life. ❤❤❤
- firstname.lastname@example.org He's my hero, twice over now! 🙏👊
- mrscdwOne of the best NICU units in the country! And Dr. Cuellar is such a lovely human-so many silver linings to a hard situation. May you and Alistair continue to mend ❤️
- pb_interior_designI don't know you but feel like I do. I just want to send my gratitude for your life and your outlook on it. Bless you and your children. My loving thoughts are with you. ❤
- nineyardsfarmThank goodness for modern medicine! So glad you are both ok.
- thewanderschoolWishing you so many blessings 💙
- theblackbirdrestaurantWishes for a speedy healing for you and the wee one!
- rosemaryminerPrayers to you and your precious family. Hugs and healing!
- coldatnightOh my gosh.. sending you so much love and good health wishes 💕💕💕
- cucinanicolinaBest to you all. I had pre-e with my first and it's no joke. Hope that sweet babe continues to thrive and you recover quickly!
- annethrallnashMay you both be well
- jessamyamesThinking of you! ♡
- mamanaturalSo happy for you and family. Wishing you all fast healing 🌟🙏🏽
- hillstitchesYour words are perfect. I recently had a difficult birth where things could have gone horribly wrong for myself and my baby. But I feel just like you do, that we were in the right place with the right specialists at the right time. We can't dwell on how bad things could have been because the worst didn't happen. Wishing you and your son all the best.
- smallmeasure@hillstitches ❤️😘❤️😘
- floretflowerOh mama!
- imenmcdonnellHi Ashley, just catching up here...sending you and baby Alistair heaps of hugs and love and light! 💫💕🙏🏼💕💫🙏🏼 @smallmeasure
Log in to like or comment.